New Elk Ridge

T-Frog

My 1st post. We just traded our 09 Open Range for a new 2010 Elk Ridge 35QSQB a couple weeks ago & just returned from a weeks trip to Dallas. The E R is sure going to meet our needs. I did have some concern w/ my tow vehicle being to lite to tow it(04 2500 HD Duromax 6.6 4x4 crew LB), but after speaking w/Chev. dealer & using the correct towing buttons for trans. I find it will do OK. We are heading to Albq. NM in a few days & will be climbing some hills & that will give me a better perspective. Have enjoyed reading this Forum, getting Ideas & Answers. Tim Rogers

jimtoo

Hi Tim,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I feel sure you will do OK with the truck you have. If you need any help, just ask. The forum is here and the family is willing to help.

Enjoy the forum and your new toy.

Jim M

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Welcome to the forum! We love our Elk Ridge! Where were you in the Dallas area? We have taken our Elk Ridge to ski in Santa Fe, NM and 110* summer in Las Vegas, NV from our home in Terrell, just east of Dallas. The ER has handed it all perfectly!

If you don't mind me asking, what made you switch from a 2009 Open Range?

truknutt

Committed Member
Congrats and welcome to the forum & family. Hope you have many years of memory-making with the new Elk Ridge.

T-Frog

Thanks for the welcome & I know we will like the E R. I did like the Open Range but we travel W/ 87 y o M-in-Law & she had a hard time getting up & down to bathroom so to help her out we looked at the E R 35QSQB & it fit the ticket & her own bedroom too. We stayed at Lewisville Lake, a city park only $9 a night Senior rate & it was just the best place to get in & out of. Kids all live in area so was also convenient. Tim

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new "Condo on Wheels". Hope you enjoy it as much as we have loved our Big County. Travel safely.