Jacks, sway control

brains77396

Since this was recently brought up, I'll post this. Until Jan 02, Camping World has electric 3K tongue jacks on sale for $160, and scissors jacks or sway control bars for $50. I think I will pass the electric jack deal to my wife to put on her "What do they want for Christmas list".:angel:

MPG185-GA

Nice.........I think my wife may have that on her wish list now... since she wanted to handle the set-up last time.. :)

brains77396

One of the hardest problems (for me) is to get the two jacks in the rear the same. Several times I have set up only to look later and one of the pads will be off the ground a little. I have mostly solved that problem by using my 18 volt Black and Decker impact driver/drill to lower and raise the jacks. I set the dial to 22, which is the highest setting and run the legs down until the drill starts to skip(?) quit turning. Then I know that both legs have the same amount of pressure on them. On my MPG, the jack nut is a 13/16. Sure saves a lot of cranking to lower and raise the legs. Also, from what I have observed on the tongue jack, is to remove three bolts, put the new one in , replace the bolts and run one wire to the battery.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Brains, when you install the electric tongue jack...install a 30amp circuit breaker inline with the B+ wire. Don't use a fuse. A low battery or over extending will blow a fuse. You can get the circuit breaker and inline connector at any auto parts store.