Watwr under trailer

B. Lee

Firecapt422
Scott, yeasterday my wife and I did the walk-through to take delivery of our new 2925 Bighorn. While on a creeper underneath the trailer I discovered water causing the coragted material that encloses the undercarriage to sage, and could move the water around by pushing on the material. The delivery person at Ray's RV( West Sacramento, CA) stated that this was normal and was caused by them filling the tanks during their PDI, and the water would be removed as we traveled down the road.

This does not seem right to me and wonder if you could provide some insight to this mater. It does not make sence to trap water that could freeze, cause metal to start rusting, or cause mold to grow.

Thanks for your assitance, Butch Lee 707-447-0546

Uncle Rog

Baloney!!!

Butch, they are pulling your pinata! You have a leak somewhere in your water fill lines or the tank itself ! When I went through my PDI they guy told me that a spare was no longer std equipment, ouch. My rig had a bad connection at the water heater when I picked it up and a broken water tank. The water will do a lot of damage to you tank support plywood and everything else. Check it out right away, they will make it right.
MERRY CHRISTMAS................UR

HappyKayakers

That sounds like the story I got from my salesman. We ordered the 1/2 time convection/microwave. It looked like a standard microwave when I went to pick it up. His response was "any microwave can be set to 50% power". ;)Yeah, right. We got the correct unit at the first return for warranty work.

billd

Water dripping from underneath is not good. Get them to check the water lines while under pressure. Also be sure to check the water heater bypass valve and make sure it is not open, if it is it makes for a cold shower.

Bill

jpmorgan37

I have that problem when I tow in heavy rain where 1/4 inch of water is on the road. I'm not talking about deep water, just water being kicked up from the tow vehicle. The underbelly gets water in it and will drain out of holes cut in it for several days after.

John

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
water in the underbelly?? could the water have come from the FW tank vents that are not coming through the bottom covering. That would be an easy fix.

B. Lee

Firecapt422
The trailer has not be pulled anywhere as of yet. The trailer was set up at their lot for us to do are walk through. I found four lines that where hanging below the underbelly. Three looked new and were together and the fourth had a quarter turn valve attached to it and was located near the utility center.
It will be interesting to hear what the factory has to say.

Thanks for the ideas, Butch

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
OK Butch
The 3 would be the FW vent lines and the other is the FW drain line
Rand

DennisZ

Mine has 5 tubes, the 3 together, the one with the valve and a 5th which is the FW tank drain, it is located right below the area of the service panel, and will come thru a hole in the lower aluminum side panel. The only time water will come out of this drain is when the tank drain is open.

Scott

Sorry I've been out of the office over the Holidays.
Butch, no, that doesn't sound right to me. Especially if it was any real amount of water. While that correugated underbelly is attached to the main rails with screws and washers, I don't think it is sealed with silicone - so some water could get in there in certain circumstances, but not any sizeable amount without a descent size area hanging down to allow such water penetration - so I would agree with the other post that your initial description sounds like a water fitting has come loose some where. I would definitely have them check it out for you and not take the salesman's word.
ST

B. Lee

Firecapt422
Scott, thanks I will contact Ray's RV today and ask them to remove the underbelly so they can further check for possible leaks. We did our walk through on the 12/21. Ray's advised they were short staffed, so it may be a while before they can start working on our trailer.
If you dont mind I will mention that I have talked via email to you and the factory recomends that they remove the underbelly and check further for any leaks that may have caused the underbelly to sag.

Thanks, Butch