Construction details ??

LarryD

Can anyone tell me how the walls and roof are constructed?? Are they bonded construction, meaning adhesive is sprayed completely across the studs and rigid foam? Are they vacuum bonded, meaning air is removed, or are they just pressure bonded? Or is construction something else?

Thanks

LarryD

irvin56,

Unless I missed something, the link you provided does not describe how the walls are constructed. Hopefully, someone has more info. Thanks

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
irvin56, Unless I missed something, the link you provided does not describe how the walls are constructed. Hopefully, someone has more info. Thanks

At the Sundance page look for the icons on the right...download the construction booklet. As I recall, there is a pretty good description about laminated construction. There are also some videos that discuss this topic.

Best Wishes!

LarryD

At the Sundance page look for the icons on the right...download the construction booklet. As I recall, there is a pretty good description about laminated construction. There are also some videos that discuss this topic.

Best Wishes!

Guess my old computer op system doesn't work with the web site. No icons on the right. Some of the icons on the top don't work and none are titled 'construction'

LarryD

Used another computer to download the construction bulletin, but it doesn't state that the sidewalls are vacuum bonded, so I guess they probably are not. In fact it doesn't indicate that adhesive is applied over 100% of the foam/aluminum wall to attach interior and/or exterior siding. And since the pics of the slideout room shows interior siding and framing, but no foam, most likely the foam is just put in place without adhesive. Does anyone have info that shows otherwise?? Thanks

LarryD

The side walls are pinch-rolled, not vacuum-bonded.

Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the clarification on the side walls. Based on pics of the slideout construction, are they 'hung wall' construction? What about the floor and roof decking, just fasteners or adhesive and fasteners?? Thanks again.

jbeletti

Hi Larry,

Sorry but I am unable to answer your additional questions as I am not familiar with the line on this product. On Monday, please call 574-262-5992 and ask for Sundance team. Or even Dave Willis, Brand Manager if he's available. The team can answer all your questions.

Best of luck and I hope you hear what you need to hear to become part of the Heartland family.

Jim