Swiveling recliners

ChopperBill

Ok I kinda asked this some where else but there are so many topic areas on this form I get lost. Anyone know how the keep the recliners in the new units from swiveling? A guest has already scratched a wall from a run-a-way recliner. Dont need the things to swivel anyway so a permanent fix is welcome.

RonDay

Probably the best idea is to do as I plan to do. I will repalce them with something smaller, it is just too difficult to pull them arouind when putting in the slide. Plus I have wiped out most of the curtain hold backs and had to repair them. Ron Day

ChopperBill

Good idea, but Renee resigned from her job and we are in a near full speed retirement mode, watching the scheckles. 6'3" and 250. Smaller wont work. Five months in WY in one spot, 3 in AZ in one spot. Moving them around is not a problem. Horn in the storage lot, will probably take the bottom off in AZ and tackle the problem, unless someone comes up with an idea first. Ron, see you are kinda new, welcome and thanks for taking the time to reply.

GOTTOYS

I spent a few minutes looking at mine. I also have a problem with it tipping forward when I try to get out of it. My wife likes them, I don't. At some point I'm going to tear into "my" chair with my little welder and eliminate the rocking and swivel parts if I can....Don

2010augusta

to stop the swivel, just drill a couple hole through the base plates of the swivel and put a few bolts. easy to do and easy to remove if you need the swivel feature later.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We ditched the rockers, well gave one to my son and have the other in the florida room, and replaced them with Euro chairs which are smaller and lighter. For travel, I just flip the foot stool into the chair and turn them sideways. So far they haven't moved and we have been on some pretty rough roads crossing the country.

cashb

Alan, you crack me up! A video on the swivel! You are the best and I love your advice and prompt replies. We can always count on you to help us figure out a problem. Thanks for being there for all of us! Sorry, off topic but just had to say it!