Home from Carlsbad

Ernie & Lettie

Left the 15th of Oct stayed in Anthony Texas that nite, got to brantly State Park on the 16th. Pretty nice state park. The site was a little small for the truck and trailer but we managed. The caverns were pretty nice, could have been lit up a little better but things went good. Went to the Big Room on Sunday the 17th, had a good time, walked down the natural entrance on monday, wow what a walk, when they say knees might hurt they weren"t kidding. Tuesday went on out paid tour, Left hand, Was very nice, the rangers were really nice and very knowledgeable. Also went to the little zoo that they have there. The golden eagle and the bald eagle were just beautiful. The wolves were really nice. Went to sitting bull falls on wed and that was really nice to see a falls in the desert. The host that days gave us our own private class about the history of the falls. Did not have any trouble with the truck or trailer, gas mileage was a little lower than I was hoping for but everything went good. I got about 7.5 mpg pulling, we were at 16,500 lbs going down the road. Did the hills great. no complaints. Ernie & Lettie

RoadJunkie

Ernie, I'm glad you liked Brantley State Park. I took my BH 3670 there in the spring and, you're right, it can be tight. It's a quiet campground and all the stars are brilliant in the remoteness from intruding light. Sounds like you had a great time.

fljlcw

sorry we couldnt meet up with you guys but maybe we will get together sometime down the road Fred