Gap?

kb0zke

When we looked at a 181 in the showroom Monday, I noticed that there was light visible around the slide. If I can see light, I would assume that water and bugs can also come in. Is this normal, or just a rig that hadn't been properly adjusted yet?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
kb0zke, welcome to the forum. It sounds like either the slide was not all the way out when set up, or you are correct in thinking that it had not been properly adjusted. Their should be no light visible around the slide.
Maybe an MPG owner will chime in and give an opinion.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

kb,

In a properly made slide-out that is also adjusted properly, no light should be visible. I suspect the slide seals were stuck in the wrong position or the slide was not properly adjusted (centered) in its box. What dealership location was this at? I can pass that information to the brand manager who can contact the dealership and ask them to perform the adjustment.

Jim

bigTdrop

We just purchased our 181 six weeks ago. We've only been out once, but I never saw any light coming through. Thus far, we really like this TT. Looking forward to our second outing next weekend. If you get one, I don't think you'll be disapointed.

kb0zke

Thanks for the reassurance. We're going to be doing some shopping tomorrow and have more questions for the dealer. This time I'm taking a camera along! All the way home Monday we were asking each other "Did it have...?" "Where was...?" The camera will remember.

jbeletti

kb,

I contacted Mike Creech at Heartland - he manages all of our TT brands. He or one of his people plan to make contact with the dealer to have them check out the gap issue you mentioned. Thanks for the heads up. Camera - good idea. Video tape it too if you'd like. Maybe while you are operating each item on it. It will make a good review tape to help you decide or even compare to other brands.

Jim

GOTTOYS

No other brand has an interactive forum like this. IMHO that's all the reason you need to quit looking at the other makes....Don

kb0zke

I do enjoy this forum, and I'm sure that we'll have many more questions as we go. Today's shopping trip is likely to be expensive, with planned stops at both Wal-Mart and Sam's Club (not to mention a couple of rv dealerships).

kb0zke

When I talked to the dealer earlier I found out that they found the "light leak" I noticed. It seems that there is a piece of shiny metal up there, and it was reflecting the light. That was an easy fix!