Slide seal question

robnmo

Hopefully the pictures come out, but have a question on the slide seals. When the wardrobe slide retracts the screw heads on the top trim piece hits the seal and fold it back inward, (which I don't see as a problem) but when we extend the slide the seal doesn't fully fold all the way out at the top. I am assuming this could cause rain water to leak in behind the seal when it's extended if it's not properly laying outward and flat. I thought about putting some type of thin piece of plastic over the screw heads but figured I'd ask here first to see if there's something else or even if this is an issue. The large living room slide doesn't do this, it's only the smaller wardrobe slide. The 1st pic is the correct seal position that I unfolded the seal to lay properly, the 2nd and 3rd pics are what it normally looks like. Thanks

Attachments

• Cyclone 017 correct seal.JPG
    Cyclone 017 correct seal.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Cyclone 019 folded in seal.JPG
    Cyclone 019 folded in seal.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Cyclone 018.jpg
    Cyclone 018.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
This is a pretty common issue. I simply reach up and gently pull it out. Some people use the older awning rods to do this and I have heard of some using the self-stick auto molding on the side of the slide to help "grab" the seal as it moves in and out. I also notice this happens on the top of my slides too! So, if I expect rain, I always get on the roof to check and fix if necessary! One thing that seems to help mine is to run the slides non-stop to the full in/out position. I noticed if I stop halfway for whatever reason it becomes more of an issue.

jnbhobe

My seals will do that when they are dirty and have not been lubed, outher wise I don't usually have that problem. You are right water could get in. Some members have added a piece of stick on trim from a auto store to help the seals come out, or even a bead of caulk. Do a search you should come up with some ideas.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
From your photos it appears there is Dicor caulk on the top corner of the slide. The Dicor sealent can stick to the seals and push them in the wrong directions. You might try cleaning the gray dicor off all the seals then apply a dry teflon spray.