November Report

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Greetings!

Well, it has been a week or two since anyone has replied to the Survey so AnaLyn and I will start planning the first Washington State Heartland Owners Club Rally for next year. Since this will be our first experience with such an affair, expect "simple and to the point!" Truthfully...we are just looking forward to meeting other campers sharing the Heartland experience. I have yet to see another Heartland in any of the campgrounds we use!

Most of us here in Washington winterize by Thanksgiving time. I just winterized our new 3450TS for the first time last Saturday. A "piece of cake" compared to our previous rig. Nice to have a UDC with all the necessities within easy reach. In fact, it was so easy, if we have an opportunity for a weekend away...I will dewinterize and go! In January, the Bald Eagles frequent the Skagit River. A weekend in Concrete makes for some spectacular photos!

Please feel free to email us anytime with information, suggestions, small-talk etc. We are looking forward to meeting fellow Heartland Club members...or anyone for that matter!

Best Wishes for a Great Holiday Season!

Steve & AnaLyn

loafer

Hey Steve and Analyn glad to see all is well nad that you have your rig winter ready.We just winterized ours today kinda sad but we too would be ready to go at a moments notice if we had to.
We have camped at the KOA/thousand trails campground in Concrete WA. and like it allot . Very large camp and close to allot of nature being out in the forest but only 26 miles from I-5 . We love eagles also and have allot up here too at certain times of the year.
we will watch as your rally comes together for 2011 and hopefully we could come down and meet some more of the Heartland family. we had such a great time this year at the Ohio and Nashville rallies
Keep on Kamping
Bill

2010augusta

Winterize??? why winterize, just keep using it, I did get out the insulated/heated hose this week. Propane consumption has increase the past couple weeks and the space heater is being used a little more every day.

Sandy and I will be doing the Skagit River thing again this December or January, We were too late last year and only got to see about 20 eagles. If the timing works out, maybe a short lunch together in Marblemount, Rockport, or Concrete, would be in order.

SJH

Winterize??? why winterize, just keep using it, I did get out the insulated/heated hose this week. Propane consumption has increase the past couple weeks and the space heater is being used a little more every day. Sandy and I will be doing the Skagit River thing again this December or January, We were too late last year and only got to see about 20 eagles. If the timing works out, maybe a short lunch together in Marblemount, Rockport, or Concrete, would be in order.

That sounds like a great idea! We will be in touch!

PS I know you and Sandy full time in your Landmark so I understand the "why winterize" We park our BC in the driveway and winter in the house! Someday we might be doing the snowbird thing as I now have 37 years in and retirement is becoming more of a reality! We get some very nasty northeast winds here in Whatcom County. Not unusual to see 50 mph with temps in the teens!

SJH

We will watch as your rally comes together for 2011 and hopefully we could come down and meet some more of the Heartland family. We had such a great time this year at the Ohio and Nashville rallies. Keep on Kamping Bill

Hey...we will look forward to it! See you somewhere next summer!

Best Wishes!

Crumgater

We still have one more home football game (this Thursday night!) and then plan on actualy RV'ing in our RV! Heading over to Port Angeles to see the Elwha Dams before they get blown to history. Following that, we'll get it winterized and park it until next spring. Although, seeing the posts here, an excursion in Jan/Feb might not be a bad idea!

As for seeing Eagles - there was a solitary Bald Eagle sitting on the "art" fountain at the West end of the SR520 bridge yesterday causing a traffic slow down. Big beautiful bird!

Looking forward to meeting other Heartlanders in the near future.

-Tina & Dave

PS - hope to have a picture with the new F350 up soon...

SJH

Congratulations on the new F350! AnaLyn's sister lives in Bothell so we are down in your area fairly often. Sometimes we stay at Lake Pleasent if we are there over the weekend. We will keep in touch about the Skagit Eagle Trek! Might be fun if we don't have four feet of snow then!

loafer

Steve and Analyn
Just realized where you folks reside. We just nailed down a seasonal spot at the KOA in Lynden.
We will try and contact you next spring when we set up camp there. Maybe we can meet up for coffee .
best regards
Bill

SJH

Awesome! Send us a PM when you arrive and we will send you our phone numbers! We haven't stayed at the Lynden KOA but friends that have say it's a really nice place. It's just a few blocks away from where I work!

See you in the spring!