Trailer sections

ChopperBill

Was giving this a thought. When I go to Heartland brand Communities and go to Bighorn and am done there I back out and it takes me clear to the start page. Have to jump through the hoops to get back to where I was. How about grouping the trailers together similar to what the Heartland web site does. Most of those groups are more alike than different. Would be a bunch simpler to navigate.

jbeletti

Bill,

When you are done in the Bighorn community, where is it that you typically want to go?

Have you clicked on Forum, once you are done in the Bighorn community?

Just trying to better understand what you are doing and where you are trying to go so I can think this through.

Thanks,

Jim

ChopperBill

Jim
When I go to the Bighorn community and want to vist the Landmark or Big Country when I back out it takes me clear to the start forum page then I have to click on Communites again and then pick another brand. Thought it would be easier if it would just take me back to the select brand page.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bill, when you are in say, the Bighorn Community, just click on Portal at the top of the page. Then you just need to click on another brand community like Big Country for example. Can't get much easier than that.

Peace
Dave

ChopperBill

Yeah I just figured that out. Well, It could be a little easier. Just clicking the back button on the mouse would save me some very important time! Hehe. Actually I thought that Landmarks, Bighorns, Big Country etc. could be all one combined community forum as they seem to share the same "problems". Say you are having a problem with your RM3500 refer why not have it so you can post in all those trailers in the community because the all can use the shared info. Just one big Heartland fifth wheel family.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think they are all in one combined community. Just click on "What's New?".

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

Bill,

I tested doing this:

1. Portal
  2. Clicked Bighorn Community
  3. Went into random sub-forum in BH Community
  4. Opened up for reading, random BH thread
  5. Clicked browser back button multiple times. It took me back to the Portal where I could select another brand community.

So, back does work, but you'd have to use is a gazillion times if you had read a lot of posts prior to going back. So while the Back Button works, I don't think that is the solution you seek.

So here's your solution, look at the navigation path above the thread and below the menu. You'll see Brand Communities. Click that to go to the Brand Communities page to select another brand.
FirefoxScreenSnapz212.jpg

That said, I do want to acknowledge another point you made. That is the notion that we should combine some brands as many of the components are similar. And your are not wrong - many items are similar.

My thought on this is that we should not combine the Heartland Brand Communities, rather, we should consider combining some of the sub-forums. Take Appliances as an example. We could combine all the appliances sub-forums for all the brands into a single new forum called Appliances. Then within that, have sub-forums for Water Heater, Furnace, Refrigerator, Washer/Dryer, Dishwasher etc.

This would be a HUGE undertaking but one that may be worth doing. We are where we are as the forum has grown over a period of 6 years. What it was going to be when it was all grown up - no one really knew. Now it's like a tree with a huge trunk and a lot of branches.

In this same vain, did anyone notice that a year ago, I combined the Tires forums from all the brands into a single tires forum under in the Heartland General section? Done with no fan fare - for the right reasons, and working well.

So, while we may implement it differently than you would, your point is well taken Bill.

Thank you,

Jim

ChopperBill

Thanks for the reply Jim. I know the RM3500 problems are in at least three different locations. Could be more but didnt look. Sort of thought things could be consolidated and possibly help the speed problem. But then I am not the one that has to do it. hehe. Hope I dont come across as a belly acher, just airing out my thoughts.

jbeletti

Bill - you are no trouble at all. I have enjoyed having you here on the forum - for many years now.

Jim

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
While on the subject of forum operation- is there a way to have the #1 post on the first page and not the last? I have to scroll down to read the next reply after going to the next page. If not maybe a way to change the order from fromt to back. Maybe I am way off base.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Michael,

If you go to settings on the top of the page and click it...
Then on the left hand side of the page click General Settings...

Scroll down until you see Thread Display Mode.
There are several different settings you can choose from. If you want the #1 post always to be first and the newest to post to be last then set the mode to "Linear Oldest first"

jimtoo

While on the subject of forum operation- is there a way to have the #1 post on the first page and not the last? I have to scroll down to read the next reply after going to the next page. If not maybe a way to change the order from fromt to back. Maybe I am way off base.

Hi Michael and Kelly,

Click on "Settings",,, top right,of screen,, scroll down to "my settings" on left side to "General Settings", click and scroll down to "Thread Display Mode", select "Linear-Oldest First"

That will make the first or oldest post appear first on your screen.

Jim M

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I do not see a General Setting button. I have attached a print screen of my settings page.

Mike

Attachments

• Settings.jpg
    Settings.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 8

jimtoo

Your welcome Mike,,Looks like Larry (SouthernNights) and I posted at almost the same time... but as long as you got it going... The Heartland Family is here to help.

Jim M