First major snow storm of the season, YUCK!

GOTTOYS

Saint Paul, MN area. Just getting drilled with thick heavy wet snow as I speak. The heart attack kind. Big tree limbs going down from the weight. I swept off my truck tonneau cover about an hour ago so it wouldn't cave in. Had about 6" so far with maybe that much more coming. I guess the camping season is done here. Can't wait to get outta town but Mom won't leave til after the holidays. Just sitting by the window watching it. Life is still pretty good...Don :)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Sorry to hear about the snow storm and glad it's not here. Right now in TN, it's 70 degrees. Great day to sit back and watch UT's homecoming game on TV - GO VOLS!!!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Don, you should have bought some of the stuff from Wade. You could road test it and see how it works. Maybe spray it on the tree limbs and your lawn. Maybe it will make the snow go away. ROTFLOL. No snow in Montana yet.

Bernie55

You could head south now, and fly mom home for the holidays. What we started a few years ago is celebrate Christmas, on Thanksgiving, it gives the kids and grandkids, more time to spend with there other relatives on Christmas, plus they get there presents a month early...It was hard to convince mom at first, but she now agrees it's a good idea..We now get to Fla. in early Dec.....Have a safe trip...

camr

I know exactly what type of snow you are talking about, Don. It falls and sticks to everything. Too heavy to push, too heavy to lift. In Winnipeg we have had a freakishly good fall. Still not a flake of snow on the ground, and still getting above freezing during the day. We could have easily got an extra month of camping, as long as I use hindsight. However, by this time of the year we are usually deep into winter. Hope your snow melts quickly. We love the Twin Cities and drive down at least three or four times a year. Thanks to you and your fellow residents for such great hospitality.... not the type of "Hospital-ity" we get from shovelling wet snow!!!
Cam

dieselsweetheart

Saw this snowfall on the news this morning....ugh....be safe. Not looking forward to winter coming!!! We are not full-timers so we can't escape the weather...

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I certainly don't envy you! But, I winterized today - IN MY SHIRT SLEEVES! - What's wrong with that picture (65 in Northern Virginia this afternoon)?