Rigmover06 (Dan Keen) passes away - 9-Nov-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Sadly, I read this afternoon on his Facebook page of the passing of Dan Keen, Rigmover06 on this forum.

Not sure how many here knew Dan, but he was a heavy hauler, ice road trucker and seemed like a real colorful guy. I only chatted with him a few times. I was really intrigued with his heavy hauling business.

Recently, it seems as though he had to sell his Cyclone, but vowed to own another down the road.

While Dan will be missed here on this forum, my heart goes out to his family and close friends in Leduc, Alberta Canada today.

His Facebook page will remain open for a couple more days. If you want to make any sort of a statement about Dan to those who followed him on Facebook, click the FB link in the first sentence of this post.

R.I.P. Dan Keen, aka Rigmover06

Jim

Last edited:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Sad to hear of a loss of a fellow rv'r. Will put his family in your prayer list.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
OH WOW, thats really a shame. I talked to Dan several times on the phone. Our prayers go out to Dans family.

jbeletti

Bob - I think you may have known Dan best here on the forum. I only chatted with him a few times and never by phone - and it still made me pretty sad this afternoon.

Jim

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It is sad to hear about Dan. Sadly death is but another step we all will go through. I am sure he will be missed by his family and friends. May his soul be at rest in God's hands. RIP Dan.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
This is so sad. Dan was already to come to our 2009 Rally and had his spot booked but at the last moment wan unable to attend. We were looking forward to seeing his unit. I just talked to him once about booking the site and he sure sounded like a nice guy. RIP...../Doug

Hi, I was an acquaintance of Dan's and am sorry to hear the news. Does anyone have any details on what happened and when the furneral was or will be held.

Thanks,

P

jbeletti

lonecoyote,

Dan's widow had his Facebook page taken down but when it was up, I read what she (Connie) posted. It was to the effect that a winch line came through the cab of his truck and killed him instantly. His service is/was this week I believe.

I can't find anything else online about the matter.

Jim

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dan appeared to be quite young. I'm sure that Dan knew that there were big dangers in what he did. So sad. At least he did not suffer. Still very sad to be taken so young. Dan was a funny guy and you could sure tell he was from Canada when you spoke with him. He really enjoyed doing what he did. We did talk quite a bit about the "ice road" and how big some of his load's were, some over 200K. I know that somewhere on the forum is a pix of him camping using his 379 Pete to pull his Cyclone.

Status
Not open for further replies.