Thanksgiving question

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Where do you spend your Thanksgiving? We started a family tradition a number of years ago and usually spend it somewhere camping on the road. This year we will be at Mill Creek RV Resort in Canton, Texas. It sure is wonderful not having to cook (or clean up from) a big Thanksgiving dinner. BTW several years ago we ate at the Golden Corral and it was a real treat. All you could eat, of many different types of Thanksgiving food without any of the hassle.

As a Thanksgiving side note, Benjamin Franklin wanted the Turkey to be our national bird instead of the Eagle. If it turned out that way do you think we would be eating Eagle for Thanksgiving? LOL

GOTTOYS

Eagle tastes pretty good but, Trumpeter Swan is a lot more tender...Just Kidding..REALLY!..Don

goodtruck

Last year we did TG at the TT at Lake Texoma,Tx.It was great lots of good food and plenty of Friends.This year we will be at lake Conroe.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We did the same thing as you Jim, spending Thanksgiving in a campground. For the last few years we've been at Rayford Crossing where the park furnishes the meats and we guests furnish side dishes, veggies and desserts. Way more food than we need, but it is delicious.

2010augusta

We have Sandy's brother come over from Seattle and we cook the whole spread in the Augusta. 2 ovens and a 3 burner stove are just enough to cook a big dinner. Because of work schedules, it is not on Thursday but it is the family that is important, not the date, right?

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
And...may you all have the best Thanksgiving ever! We will be at home with a house full!

Dave

Traveling Two
13 family members come to our home in Summerville, SC for TG. Grandkids love to sleep in the Sundance. We all have a great time.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
This will be our first Thanksgiving in New York. We will be spending Bird Day with John & Mary Ann Proto in Brooklyn. If you have never met John (aka Cowboy) and Mary Ann you have got to soon! OMG, They are the funniest of the North East funny folks that we love so much!!!!! Laugh, laugh, laugh.....

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
I will bet you are having fried turkey! Have great time.
We too, are frying the bird and will Be skyping with Rachel in London while she works. At least they serve turkey sandwiches at Starbucks for the Americans living there.

We'll be at Olema, CA near Pt Reyes for Thanksgiving. We've celebrated the holiday at Olema for three years. The weather has been good. Great place for the grandkids. My husband does the turkey in the weber and family brings salad, pie, etc. Last year I went to Limatour Beach with my corgi while my husband cooked. It was a perfect day!

gratton

I will be working on Thanksgiving. However, we are going to go the weekend prior to Cedar Hill State Park.