Tire lug nuts

Where can I purchase a thin wallled lug wrench? The MPG requires a very thin wall wrench head to fit between the lug and the side wall.

Thanks

jpajax

I carry a four way lug wrench and ground the od down on the one that fits the camper.

caissiel

I use bar and sockets on most of my vehicles, they are all different size so the old wheel wrench is in storage and use 6 point sockets.
Its much better on the nuts and can use the socket with my electric wrench when I do tire rotation.
You don't need a high quality bar to be better then the small wheel wrench supplied with cars these days.
Most cannot undo the nuts without bending anyway.

MPG185-GA

As a MPG owner I can relate.....I ground one down to fit, but there was not much meat left. These rims have lug holes that are TIGHT! I finally found a 13/16" spark plug wrench that worked perfectly with no alterations. HOME DEPOT.

Thanks for the replies. I'll try the spark plug wrench from Home Depot. It's hard to tell the nut size without being able to fit a socket on it. Is it normal with rv's that you need to grind things down to make them fit?

Well I have now been to 7 stores, Home Depot, Loews, Sears, Auto Zone, and 2 oth er auto stores. still no luck finding a socket that I can insert into the lug well. I was advised by Heartland customer service to purchase a 12 point, 13/16 socket. It does not fit into the lug well. There has to be some special socket the Heartland uses when putting these tires on the MPG. Will try contactig them again. In the meantime I would appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks

brains77396

I use a 13/16 deep well, thin wall socket for a half inch drive along with a long handle breaker bar. If it is not a THIN-WALL socket it will not go onto the lug nut. I also carry a 9/16 socket so I can lower the spare tire, so don't forget that.

Well I have now been to 7 stores, Home Depot, Loews, Sears, Auto Zone, and 2 oth er auto stores. still no luck finding a socket that I can insert into the lug well. I was advised by Heartland customer service to purchase a 12 point, 13/16 socket. It does not fit into the lug well. There has to be some special socket the Heartland uses when putting these tires on the MPG. Will try contactig them again. In the meantime I would appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks

brains77396

Sears Craftman 12 point, 13/16, 1/2 inch drive, deep well socket. Sears item # 00950763000, model #50763, for $8.79

Where can I purchase a thin wallled lug wrench? The MPG requires a very thin wall wrench head to fit between the lug and the side wall. Never heard of a thin walled lug wrench.

Thanks

brains77396

:(For those trying to help with the socket for the MPG, here is a photo of the Cool (Hearthland's words) mag wheel. Notice the lug nuts do not stick out like a sore thumb.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    295.5 KB · Views: 74

EBenoit

I found my socket at O'Reilly auto parts Wheel Service tool part#79230 for $9.99. Sears also is suppose to have one.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
If you don't want to carry a tool chest around, Walmart sells an extendable breaker bar with 4 different size sockets for 14 bucks.
It's specifically for use as a lug wrench.

Thom

Thom Sgt
Hi Folks,
I've only had my MPG 181 since January, but I have found a 13/16 spark plug socket works fine for applying torque to the wheel lugs. The socket is deep and has thin walls (designed to fit into the plug well on cylinder heads). Used with a 3" extension, I can torque all lugs without interference from the hub. One more alternative . . .
Regards,
Thom