On the verge of buying an MPG

Hi, I'm Jo Ann. My husband David and I are planning to buy an MPG. We are looking forward to learning more about it in the coming days. We were looking at getting a bigger rig in a few years, but decided that we didn't want to wait until then to get back into RV'ing. We used to own a Class C motor home when the kids were home. Since they've been on their own we've been tent-camping - fun but it gets old.

jimtoo

Hi Jo Ann,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I am sure you will have a great time when you get your MPG and a lot more comfort than a tent. Tents were fun, but we think they are for the younger crowd now.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Thank you for the welcome, Jim. I used to go backpacking for a week at a time, so tent camping was no big deal to me, but it does get tiring. The MPG should be a nice change.

MPG185-GA

Hey, we are/were in the same thought process. We have done tons of backpacking and will still do it, but the MPG has offered us a nice change indeed. Just opens up some other options and small enough to still "get away" from the crowds!! Good luck!

kb0zke

I called our dealer about 30 minutes ago and told them that we will take the 181 they have. We'll pick it up after Thanksgiving.

jimtoo

I called our dealer about 30 minutes ago and told them that we will take the 181 they have. We'll pick it up after Thanksgiving.

That's great,,, Welcome to the Heartland Owners Family. We are here to help if needed. Please check out the Heartland Owners Club Benefits and attending some of the rallies.

Jim M

bigTdrop

Good for you! We got our 181 about six weeks ago and our first trip was great. I'm an old backpacker / tent camper, too, and I must say, our first trip was nice, warm, dry and restful. We're new to RV'ing, so there's lots to learn and I'm sure we'll get a bit more organized each time we venture out. Enjoy your new toy and stay in touch....