clearance lights

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Just checked my clearance lights on my 2005 Landmark, and found that I have one not burning. I took the lense off to see what I could see. I no that it is not the average bulb.It is dark outside and I did not want to try and take it apart tonight. Does any one know how to replace the light and where to buy the replacement?

jpmorgan37

Terry;
Many times when those bulbs burn out, they turn a dark silver color. It should pull straight out and you can get them at Walmart, Kmart or any auto parts store. If my memory is correct, it is a #194 bulb.
John

trdeal

Thanks JP.I took the lense off this evening, but it was almost dark so I did not dig any deeper. I will get a bulb tomorrow, and see what I can do to fix it. Merry Christmas Terry

BluegrassMan

Landmark Bulbs

Hi Guy's:

It was told to me upon buying my 05' that all lights (except for security and steps etc) are LED's a #194 won't work. You will probably have to go to your dealer or a truck stop to get the small LED ones. They are supposed to have a 100,000 hour life, maybe water got in on that one.:confused:

jpmorgan37

Denny;
You are absolutely right. I just popped one of mine and they are LED's. Sorry that I gave you some bad info Terry. I should have looked before I spoke.
John

trdeal

That is fine JP. I know you were trying to help. I will call my dealer tomorrow and see if he can send me one.

The RV-Ramblers

BigHorn Owners
Terry,
I suggest that you remove a working bulb from one of the other fixtures and try it in the nonworking fixture. According to an article in the latest Trailer Life (TL), these LED bulbs should last 100,000 hours. TL indicate most problems with LED lights are problems with the connections, especially on the ground side.

trdeal

The RV-Ramblers said:
Terry,
I suggest that you remove a working bulb from one of the other fixtures and try it in the nonworking fixture. According to an article in the latest Trailer Life (TL), these LED bulbs should last 100,000 hours. TL indicate most problems with LED lights are problems with the connections, especially on the ground side.
Thanks. I will check it out a little more when I get back home.