Satellite Connection Problems

cgintx

I am having problems with my satellite connections. First, all the cable and local TV connections work good. I have 2 satellite ports at the universal docking station (UDS). One goes to the basement and it works fine. Should it really go to the basement? The other port would not send a signal anywhere. I hooked up a VCR and the other port sent a very poor signal to the living room. I pulled the connections from the UDS and the poor reception port to the living room has a splitter 6" inside the wall. I unhooked the splitter and one wire sends a good signal to the living room and I have no idea where the other cable goes. There was no satellite cable to the bedroom. Does it seem things are not correct here?

Geo

Did you try turning off the antenna amplifier, it is the push button switch with green or red light next to it. It should be close to your living room TV I think.
George

Mike Aplin

To address your question for satellite hookups, all Cyclones and Road Warriors have two hook ups for the satellite. There is one sat. hook up in the main living room and one in the outside storage compartment. The jack plate that you are referring to in the bedroom is for the cable and the tv ant. If you are having troubles with reception for either of these areas, please contact customer service at 1-877-262-8032 and they will assist any of your questions that you may have. Take care and welcome to the family. Mike

cgintx

Thanks for the help. Yes, I know about the antenna amp. I contacted customer service (who was very helpfull) and as I suspected the splitter I discovered behind the satellite port should not have been there. Now where does the other coax that was attached to the splitter lead? Nobody but the worker who installed it knows. Now how to get the satellite feed to the bedroom?

Cimriver

Try requesting a wiring diagram for your model. I didn't have a lot of luck getting a diagram for our Elkridge, but perhaps there is one available for your model.

BruteForce

I had the same issue. The fix was quite simple. Remove the input and output coax connectors and re-crimp. The factory coax crimping was very poor and it made for terrible reception. After putting new coax connectors and re-crimping, my signal is perfect.

Sandpirate69

I'm glad i came across this thread. I was thinking about how the Sat. was going to work. If I connect my Sat. to the port outside, will i get reception in the room? How about the tv in the livingroom area? Getting ready for my first trip in this rig. Sounds like i will be trouble shooting on this trip. Please advise. Thx in advance