Cherry Stain

We just purchased a 325 okbh and love it. But heartland cut a corner and I would like to fix it. All of the cut pieces of wood are cut and not stained. (shelf supports, bed supports etc.) Is it possible to find out what kind of stain and what color was used so I can do some touch up? Thank You.

jimtoo

Hi happyhomeschool6,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm not sure the factory will provide you with the stain or color, but you could take a drawer or something with the color you want to Home Depot or Lowes, or Menards, and they should be able to match it for you.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

JJnLilly

Had a similar situation with our Greystone and used the "Ask The Factory" thread. They could not give me the name of an actual stain manufacture, but did tell me the color they used. Can't find the email reply right now but think it was actually a glazed maple - not cherry. I ended up having to refinish the table top after an "accident" (someone put something on it they should not have) and did a combination of gun-stock and a cherry to make it match.

porthole

Retired
I tried to buy some stain when I was at the factory last August to no avail

Matching the color will be a challenge. I got what I thought was close until I applied it on a big piece. Quite different.

One caveat with Cherry- it changes color over time, tends to get darker.