I think I owe an apology

mountain1

I have had my 5th wheel 2 1/2 years and was furious at Heartland in the begining because the front landing jacks kept blowing fuses but to be honest I also had a 20 year old truck that broke down every trip. The anger built and in my mind the truck problems were added to the RV when in actuality the Razor only had a front jack problem that has been fixed. With the purchase of a new truck which I should have done in the first place the RV has been great. We make 4-5 hour trips usually once or twice a month. So far my springs are great, the nuts are all tight underneath,the tires have very little wear, and to me my Rv moves around very little in the hitch.
The toyhauler works great to haul our dogs. I have taken out a couple of signs since I tend to get in a hurry but again not the RVs fault. I wished I had read all the posts on this site prior to the purchase because even though we had a small bumper pull in the past what I have learned pertaining to the 5th wheel on this forum is vast.
I hearby apologize to Heartland for any frustrated I directed at those in the business. I do wish my dealer had been a little more up front about somethings but again that was them and not Heartland.
Thanks for giving me an opportunity to express my thoughts.

jbeletti

Don,

I had almost had to use a time machine to go back and find where you thought you may have been a little rough on us. That said, I certainly understand your frustration, not getting a clear solution from Heartland by phone or email to the issue you had and having Lippert tell you to not do what others had suggested you do to resolve it.

Thank you for your apology and we too apologize for not getting you concise resolution quickly. Happy camping Don!

Jim

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Don, how thoughtful of you to take the time to send an apology. Issues happen when you have a home on wheels and this forum is a great place to help resolve many of them. The best thing is that Heartland and the forum listen to the good and bad.
Deb

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi Don, I agree that was very nice of you to apologize. The forum is a great place to learn and to make good friends.We are looking forward to seeing you in the near future.

dieselsweetheart

We all have to vent at times when we are upset or frustrated. (Just ask our spouses)... the forum is a great place to get advice or just a place to hang around and see what everyone is talking about. We've all been where you were. Glad to hear you are happy campers once again!!

SmokeyBare

Your a Stand Up Guy Don !

I bet we all have had a time or two where we should have read the postings on the Forum... or done a Search on a problem we were having. I know I'm guilty of that. Kind of you to give us an update on your camping experiences and how well your Toy-hauler is working out for you. Happy Camping Sir.

Marv

truknutt

Committed Member
Thanks for the follow up mountain1. We've all vented at one time or another; it takes a big man to apologize. Now let's get back to your original problem: the front landing legs. Exactly what was done to repair them to your satisfaction?

ChopperBill

Don I know where you are coming from. When we got our first Bighorn we had some problems that I didnt think should have happened. I got madder than a disturbed hornet at time. Could have choked anyone in the trailer building business at that moment. Come to find out the dealer (which I became good friends with about everyone there) Did about 20% of what they said they did. Even after I sold it I was removing the dealer installed inverter and found out the dumb @$$ only wired half the 50amp wires into the transfer switch, leaving the others taped over! I was getting ****ed at everyone when only a few deserved my hatred. Bought a second Bighorn cause they are the best out there for the money! Outside of a wiring problem for the electrical part of the water heater (boy that guy had a bad day!) this one has been top notch. It hasn't been back to a dealer and I plan to keep it that way.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Don, Thanks for taking the time to come back and letting us see the stand up guy you really are. I can certainly understand frustration, anger and saying or doing things I've regretted. I've got kids.;)

mountain1

To answer what was done. Lippert provided the new gear. My add on warrantee covered all the labor. A local shop did the install and it has worked ever since. I sure got tired cranking that manual crank and hooking up is so much simpler.