Poll for early arrivals: Would you be interested in seeing this musical before dinner on Tuesday

For those that "ARE" joining us for dinner - are you interested in seeing this show?

• YES - We are joining you for dinner and we "ARE" interested in seeing this show.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No - While we are joining you for dinner, we "ARE NOT" interested in seeing this show.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters

jbeletti

Hi rally goers,

As you may have read, for the 2011 International Heartland Owners Rally, we are putting together an early arrivals day as a pre-rally thing for Tuesday, June 14th.

We're calling it Shipshewana Day.

The Riegsecker group consists of a collection of businesses in Shipshewana. The Blue Gate Restaurant and Blue Gate Theater among them.

We are planning an "each pays his own" dinner at the Blue Gate for 5:30 PM, 30 minutes after the Flea Market closes that day.

Mr. Riegsecker and his team would like for anyone of our rally group to go to the musical, The Confession, live at the Blue Gate Theater, prior to dinner. They speak highly of this show. It's 3 hours in length. We are being offered special rates. They would have the show at a special time for us - 2 pm. It would end around 5 and showgoers would walk to our banquet room in the Blue Gate Restaurant and join the others coming from the Flea Market, other attractions and from the Fairgrounds directly.

Pricing for the show would be in the $15 per person range. I have attached a flier on this show. Please download and review it before you vote in the poll.

So, the purpose of this thread is to poll those who feel they will be coming to the rally, coming in early, planning to join us for dinner on Tuesday at the Blue Gate.

Poll question is: For those that "ARE" joining us for dinner - are you interested in seeing this show?

Thanks,

Jim

Attachments

• The Confession.pdf
    262.2 KB · Views: 76

jbeletti

Based on the current poll results, only 3 couples have indicated an interest in seeing The Confession Tuesday afternoon before dinner. That's not a lot of traction and I am not yet certain if I can get the Blue Gate to do a special show start time so it can be seen prior to dinner.

Nancy and I traveled to Shipshewana last Saturday for dinner at the Blue Gate Restaurant and to take in the show, The Confession at the Blue Gate Theater. My reviews follow:

Blue Gate Restaurant:
We had meatloaf and chicken. The meal was served with the standard sides of tossed salad, mashed potatoes and gravy, dressing/stuffing, green beans, chicken and noodles, homemade bread, Amish peanut butter, apple butter and pie. The food was great, as usual. Nancy had the coconut cream pie with a side of cinnamon ice cream. I had the pecan pie, warmed with a side of vanilla ice cream. My dessert was good, Nancy's was awesome. I have not seen cinnamon ice cream in a long time. In summary, I can wholeheartedly recommend the Blue Gate Restaurant for family style dinner.

Blue Gate Theater and Musical: The Confession:
The theater is located upstairs in the same building as the restaurant. There is an elevator from the lower level (banquet rooms and shopping), through the main level (bakery, main restaurant and shopping) to the upper level (theater). There are restrooms on each level. The theater seats around 250. We were in the center about half way back in row E. All actors wore mics. Sight and sounds was good.

While this was a small production, in a small stage, overall, the story, the performance and the production quality were all solid. The acting and singing was very good. The story was Amish family and community based. The main storyline was a love story. There were a couple of sub-plots as well. There was a clear theme of Christianity running through the show. In summary, we enjoyed the show and recommend it for those who enjoy plays and musicals and appreciate family values stories that include a Christian theme.

Jim

jbeletti

Hi Jim,

Thanks for voting. Not making a list at this point. Just getting an estimated head-count with the poll. Sign-up for the dinner and the dinner/show combo (if sufficient interest) will be a part of the rally registration process in January.

Jim

jbeletti

Goshen Rallygoers,

Thank you for voting in this poll. This is now a done deal. I met with Mel Riegsecker yesterday and while our counts are low, he committed to changing the time of their daily show to the time we need in order to make the dinner afterwards, as a group.

So thank you for voting - 15 couples voted "Yes". I'll close the poll now.

Everyone will have the option to join this event when you register for the rally. Just choose the "Dinner and Show" option in the pre-rally agenda area. Your dinner/show fee will be added to your rally registration process.

jbeletti

Blue Gate Dinner and Show - Tuesday prior to Goshen Rally

Hey Goshen Rally Attendees,

Today I gave our head count to the Blue Gate for Tuesday evening.

Everyone who has registered and paid for this "early arrivals" event is all set.

We still have room if anyone else who will be in early Tuesday or sooner and would like to join us for this dinner or dinner and show on Tuesday.

If you want to join us:
  1. The cost is $22 per person for dinner which is at 5:30 pm
  2. The cost is $35 per person for dinner and show if you want to do both. Show starts at 2:00 pm
  3. To register, email or call (574-333-1153) me and give me your count and whether your want dinner or dinner and show. Your request will be your approval for me to charge your credit card used for the rally registration, for your Blue Gate fee.

Jim