Automatic or independent levelling jacks

albertr

My previous 5th wheel had independent electric jacks on the front (motor and control for each jack). The rear had manual jacks. I miss the individual feature on the new greystone. Has anybody in here done a conversion to individual controls for each corner? I would be interested in doing this. Is there a kit available? THanks....Al

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
albertr - we installed the Wireless Ground Control Leveling system about a year ago and just love it. With the remote, you can work each jack individually or you can handle the front as a pair and rear as a pair. The jacks are 5K each so they can handle up to 20,000 pounds. The cost is less than the Lippert Levelup system. I would highly recommend this system. SouthernNights after looking at our system, decided to install it on theirs.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
The Bigfoot System is a Auto Level once it is off the TV. It leveled our trailer when it was about 4* off to one side. My front jacks are each capable of 17,000# and the Rear are capable of 12,000# each. Once you have it set there is not normally a reason to operate just one at a time. You just push the auto level button and walk away. You can go into manual mode and raise the entire trailer off the ground. A camp site was so off level that after the trailer auto leveled a tire on the door side was about an inch off the ground.

Here is the Bigfoot Website. If you are not or did not order a leveling system from Heartland you should seriously give Bigfoot a consideration.

BC

albertr

Appreciate the information. The options that I saw here cost more than I want to pay. I will look for independent jacks that can be accomplished by adding another motor and control to the existing jacks. I would then have a control for each jack. Anyone familiar with something like this? Maybe I will find what I need in Quartzite this winter. Al

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
I put in a second jack this spring. Cost $300 plus shipping from Lippert. It replaces the door side jack, now I can control either jack separately. I think it was well worth the cost. Install was not difficult. it took about 2 hrs for the job.

albertr

Thats interesting. What happens if you have a problem and need to use the crank? Is a similiar product available for rear jacks? Thanks Al

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
That is a good question, if you do replace only one electric front jack to make them independent. Based on earlier posts on the Reico-Titan (electric) system, the motors can be swapped between jacks should one fail. I'm leaning towards that system for my rig, and still having the rear electric stabilizers it came with.