reply to thread

davelinde

Is it just me... every time I come back to this forum after any time away I will do a "reply". I write up my post, look at the buttons, and hit the "reply" button again. It wipes out everything I'd just written and give me a new blank form.

I know why the forum is coded with the reply button still visible below a quick reply... but honestly the vBulletin folks should do the work and get RID of the reply button when a reply is being written! I surely do understand the difference between a "reply" and a "submit"... but the fact that I make the same error each time means it's just not obvious in the layout.

btw - I also wonder how many people hit reply twice and think they hit reply then submit and come here saying they cannot reply or post?

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Is it just me... every time I come back to this forum after any time away I will do a "reply". I write up my post, look at the buttons, and hit the "reply" button again. It wipes out everything I'd just written and give me a new blank form.

Me too! I always do that on this forum format! I thought it was just me!

Treeban

Caliber Senior Owner
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who gets frustrated with this problem. I'm really not sure why they even have that "reply to thread" button - you're right, it just wipes the slate clean.

ChopperBill

Add me to the "stupid" group! Several time I thought my post was deleted because it disappeared. Thought it was strange because my posts are NEVER controversial or out of line. he he. Finally came to the conclusion that I was replying and not posting. This forum is not alone on this "problem"

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I don't regularly use any other forum so I don't have any problems using this forum.I'm used to it. Of course it helps that I spend a few hours on it every day. I just look at that button as an optional way to reply to a thread/post.

boatdoc

Add me to the "stupid" group! Several time I thought my post was deleted because it disappeared. Thought it was strange because my posts are NEVER controversial or out of line. he he. Finally came to the conclusion that I was replying and not posting. This forum is not alone on this "problem"

Bill, I don't consider either of us stupid, it's just a B/S STUPID way of doing posting. I've done it more than once and a couple of the posts were long, hen-pecked posts that I said the heck with it and didn't repost.

ChopperBill

Bill, I don't consider either of us stupid, it's just a B/S STUPID way of doing posting. I've done it more than once and a couple of the posts were long, hen-pecked posts that I said the heck with it and didn't repost.

On thing I have learned is that if I have a long winded post I am about to compose I write it on Word Pad then cut and paste it on the forums. Like you I have made long posts that "disapeared". Doing the Work Pad thing cuts down on the agrivation.

Moose

Me too. I was worried I may have lost something in cyberspace. Now I know I did! LOL

Hoosier Wolverine

The first time it happened to me, I thought perhaps my post would appear on the thread later. I was reluctant to write it again lest it become a double post. Thought I was the only one who didn't understand.