Outside Kitchen Door question

Hi Everyone,
My family just bought a new 2011 Caliber 3250 OKBH. We love the trailer and can't wait to camp in it!
2 questions for you guys from Heartland:

Question #1) The door on our outside kitchen only opens partially. We've seen many of the North Trail trailers with the same door and it opens up to parallel with the wall of the trailer. Is our door not set correctly? I'm only 5'10" and have to bend over to get to the kitchen.
5182869885_33f8365915_z.jpg

Is this ^^^^^correct?

Question #2)
Our trailer came with an outside Bar-B-Q grill from "Blue Rhino" in a box under the bed. When we had our walk through, the salesman assured us that it was the outside 2 burner stove top cooker that normally sits on top of the swing out kitchen counter.

Should we have a BBQ pit AND the outside 2 burner cooker? Again.... on the North Trail trailers that we looked at, they all had the 2 burner cooker.

Thanks!
Donald

P.S. I'm so proud of our trailer that I'll post a couple of pics for you to enjoy!
5180484744_2e15e783ef_z.jpg

5180486332_38622353b0_z.jpg

I love your camper. We just picked ours up in Elkhart the end of last month. Our outdoor kitchen door is the same way. I asked the factory rep about it and he said that it could be moved up but just make sure to keep a down hill slope for drainage. As for your other question we were told that we could not get a two burner stove for the swing out shelf and that it just comes with the rino outside grill. If you don't mind I have a question for you. Have you tried to play an IPOD through the usb port on the radio?

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I love your camper. We just picked ours up in Elkhart the end of last month. Our outdoor kitchen door is the same way. I asked the factory rep about it and he said that it could be moved up but just make sure to keep a down hill slope for drainage. As for your other question we were told that we could not get a two burner stove for the swing out shelf and that it just comes with the rino outside grill. If you don't mind I have a question for you. Have you tried to play an IPOD through the usb port on the radio?

I am not sure of the manufacturer of your radio but we have a Samsung in our Bighorn. I had the same problem and contacted Samsung only to find out that it is not compatable with Ipod.

Last edited:

GaryWT

We have the North Trail 30QOK, it has been at the house almost a week. My son is playing his ipod out there right now but not with the usb port, he is using the direct single plug in as we do in the truck.

My kitchen door is low as well which is a little upsetting, we might try to raise it a little. Also North Trail or Heartland seems to be the only mfg that does not include the outside 2 burner stove, we will have to use our coleman out there. We did get the blue rhino which I will get a small table to put it on as I do not want this up against the trailer.

Finally, I feel that the entire trailer is low (reason the kitchen door is low) because I cannot get it in or out of my driveway without laying out boards to drive on. Both the spare tire up front and the bumper/rear jacks and grey tank valve all drag on the ground while pulling in or out. Took it for a drive the other night and the same thing happened pulling into a parking lot, I have a feeling I am going to have trouble everywhere I go.