Golf Carts Rentals for Goshen Rally

If Golf Carts were made available for 5-day Rental for $175 - do you want one?

• NULL - I had to put 2 options in this poll - this is the second option :)

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • YES - We plan to join the rally and "WE DO" want one of these 5-day Golf Cart rentals for $175.

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters

jbeletti

Edit: I goofed on the cost. The 5-day rental rate is $175 :)

Hi rally goers,

At the 2007 rally in Goshen, several people asked me "during the rally" if I had any Golf Cart rentals. I had not planned on it, so I had nothing to offer.

Recalling this, in 2009, I made rentals available "prior to the rally". No one took me up on it.

As the rallies get larger, we have more people who would like / need a Golf Cart. So once again, I want to put a rental option together.

The first official day of the rally is Wednesday, June 15th. For my own needs, I am having a number of Golf Carts brought in on Monday for use Tuesday through Saturday. My carts are all spoken for by the Service Team and my Rally Team.

So what I want to put together is a 5-day Golf Cart rental for those who want/need it. While you may not be able to be in early enough to use it Tuesday, for simplicity sake, and to get all the carts here in advance, it's what I need to do.

That said, the deal is $175 for a 5-day rental. This includes delivery. So the rental begins on Tuesday morning and ends on Saturday evening.

So, the purpose of this thread is to poll those who feel they will be coming to the rally and are interested in this Golf Cart Rental offer.

Poll question is: If Golf Carts were made available for 5-day Rental for $175 - do you want one?

Thanks,

Jim

Edit: I goofed on the cost. The 5-day rental rate is $175 :)

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Re: Poll for Rally Attendees: If Golf Carts were made available for 5-day rental for $200 - do you want one?

I would certainly be interested in sharing one if I had a neighbor that was close and wanted to get in on the deal.

kkamshop

Re: Poll for Rally Attendees: If Golf Carts were made available for 5-day rental for $200 - do you want one?

That's just what I was thinkin' Ray! We might need one depending on how the "ole hip" is feeling! So the answer Jim, is probably yes...

jimtoo

I think it would be a good idea... we would most likely take one... Bette's knee is not the best. We might be interested in sharing also with close neighbor.

Jim M

cjbearden

Visitor

Hey, "neighbor Ray", sounds like a great idea to share the cost. Count us in. CJ

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)

I too would probably want one if things all pan out as we get closer to the rally date.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

We would probably go for one (sharing sounds good too).

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired

If brother Tom rents one I will just ride along with he and Judy and be happy to let him pay.

SmokeyBare

The Golf cart offer is really a bonus for the Rally. Heartland Owners Rally has grown each year and we expect that to be the case this year as well. Jim B makes sure at the Rally there are carts to transport those attending the various sessions and events. Try as they might, the volunteer staff can't always get to everyone as they make their way through the Rally grounds. (the grounds is always growing larger)

Traveling with a group? Maybe another couple? The idea of sharing the use and the cost of a cart makes good sense !

It's going to be a Great Heartland Owners Rally !!

Marv

jnbhobe

I wonder if there is the availabilty of 6 passenger carts ?? just a thought !!

jbeletti

I wonder if there is the availabilty of 6 passenger carts ?? just a thought !!

Jon,

They have 2 of them and I have already snagged them for my team. I have asked for 2 more for my rally team. I may not get them so I doubt there will be any 6-passenger rentals available.

Jim

jbeletti

Sharing is a great idea if you feel your pals and you can really work it out.

The ability to rent a golf cart will be part of the rally registration. One couple will have to commit to the rental and pay at time of rally registration. Then you can get the other half from your sharing pals.

Jim

jbeletti

Bank Error in your Favor!

Well, sort of. But it's not $50 - it's $25 :)

Seriously folks, I was running several scenarios when I put all this together. One of them was a 6-day rental and the other was a 5-day rental. One I added the delivery fee into and the other I forgot. Oopsie.

Anyway - it's all good now and it's even better news for you.

To clarify - this is a 5-day rental from Tuesday morning through the Saturday evening. The cost is: $175

I apologize for the error in price when first posted and the inconsistency from the thread to the poll question on 5-day versus 6-day.

If this $25 savings helps anyone out - awesome!

Jim
(humbled)

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Re: Bank Error in your Favor!

Hey Jon, I guess I could sit in Kenny lap!!!!! Man I haven't done that in a while!!!!

SmokeyBare

Re: Bank Error in your Favor!

Another reason those golf carts don't have Rear View Mirrors... Courtesy drivers are sworn to secrercy...

What happens at the Rally... provide camp fire chat material for year to come.... {{ GRIN }}

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

I've placed my yes vote. I will share the cost 50/50 with the closest neighbor. I believe I was in 441? (right behind SmokeyBare).

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

I placed a yes vote as well and we will share with the Walker's. I think it's a great idea!

Tom of Ypsi

If brother Tom rents one I will just ride along with he and Judy and be happy to let him pay.

Not much chance of that happening, exercise oh young one that way you can get as old as me and as fit as me.:)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

Still thinking about it.