Room for bigger bedroom tv in 3585?

funntheson

We have a Bighorn 3585 on order. I was wondering if it's possible to install a larger tv in the bedroom?

My parents just bought a fifth wheel, that mind you is not quite as nice as our Bighorn, but it came standard with a 32" tv in the bedroom.

I think with the low prices on tvs these days, the bedroom tv should be part of the standard package, and should be a bit bigger than 19"

That's just my opinion though.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
While researching the Big Country before purchase, we too were concerned about the bedroom TV size. We opted to order it without and purchase one later. As it turned out, we had a small LCD from our previous rig, 15" I believe, which ended up being plenty big enough for the bedroom of our 3450TS. My point is, the 19" may look bigger in the rig than you think.

Best Wishes!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Wow, 32" bedroom TV? I have to admit, I've not heard on a 5th wheel with a standard 32" TV. Pretty nice. Would you mind sharing the brand/model? We can fit a 22" in our Bighorn bedroom but I opted for a 19" just because I found a good deal. I also have an HD DVD/VCR combo unit in the same hole.

Attachments

• 100_0476.JPG
    100_0476.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 59

funntheson

Wow, 32" bedroom TV? I have to admit, I've not heard on a 5th wheel with a standard 32" TV. Pretty nice. Would you mind sharing the brand/model? We can fit a 22" in our Bighorn bedroom but I opted for a 19" just because I found a good deal. I also have an HD DVD/VCR combo unit in the same hole.

It is a Forest River Cardinal 3150RL. Nice floor plan for them. It's just not quite as nice as the Bighorn

It also has Goodyear tires, but that's another story for another thread.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
It also has Goodyear tires, but that's another story for another thread.

Not sure if you are thinking that is a good thing or a bad thing but I believe your new Big Horn will come with Goodyear 614's. Our Big Country did!

funntheson

Not sure if you are thinking that is a good thing or a bad thing but I believe your new Big Horn will come with Goodyear 614's. Our Big Country did!

Goodyear tires are an upgrade. I have to pay to replace the off brand tires that come standard.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
My Bighorn did not come with a TV. It has a place built in that will only hold up to a 19" and cabinets are built around it.

caissiel

Our big country came with a 26" LCD in the living room.
We had a 32" in the previous trailer so I modified the supports for the 32" TV for the living room.
The included 26" TV with a special support has been installed in the bedroom.
Considering the distance from the pillow to the TV, the 26" is a nice to watch as the 32" sitting on the couch or the chairs across the livingroom.

ChopperBill

Our came with a Jensen 19". The Jensen has a big frame and I replaced it with a 22" Samsung. A better TV all around, the speakers are in the back of the Samsung and being in that enclose area they do not sound that well. Got some other speakers to install when I get back in the rig.

chief190

we received our special order 3585rl the first week in november. we chose to not recieve the factory optional 19 tv and now have a 22 vizio that fits perfectly fine for a fraction of the cost. we did order the upgraded goodyear tires for 495 dollars i think well worth the money. we asked and also got the factory tv brakets for the storage area with a swing arm and the wall braket for bedroom. however we do not use the wall braket just set tv with original stand that came with tv. when not using trailer i put the wall mount in my outside patio for watching sports outside with my outdoor kitchen.

YaShouldaGotaDiesel

Crossroads VF35CK also comes with 32" Tv in bedroom and 42" in Living room.

KL7j

We have a Bighorn 3585 on order. I was wondering if it's possible to install a larger tv in the bedroom?

My parents just bought a fifth wheel, that mind you is not quite as nice as our Bighorn, but it came standard with a 32" tv in the bedroom.

I think with the low prices on tvs these days, the bedroom tv should be part of the standard package, and should be a bit bigger than 19"

That's just my opinion though.

TV prices sure have dropped so I can understand shopping them.

One thing is our bedroom set came with a 19" Jensen, screen quality is okay, nothing special.
But what was interesting was it is a 12 volt model and has a 110 volt to 12 volt converter attached when the generator is running or shore power. When dry camping we can and do watch bedroom TV on battery power for an hour or so if a nearby town has over the air TV. No issues with battery life albeit we have the Onan/Cummins 5KW gen set installed.

I'm lazy and don't have to turn the generator on/off or bother with it running under the bedroom. We remote camp in some campgrounds or just rec areas without electric that have generator hours but have nearby town over the air TV.
Also traveling late, pull in near other RV's on waysides and not want to run a generator beside the other sleeping RV, yet maybe watch a little TV.

Trade-offs :)

Hoosier Wolverine

Ray, How did you mount your tv? I assume you attached a bracket to one of the surfaces inside the tv cubby hole. Is it possible for you to post a pic of the mounting?

thanks
John

adcruise

We did the same as SJH and ordered our 3585 without the bedroom TV and later installed a 27" LCD on a tilting mount. Fits like cabinets were built around it and is more than big enough for the bedroom... well, a 60" might be better.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray, How did you mount your tv? I assume you attached a bracket to one of the surfaces inside the tv cubby hole. Is it possible for you to post a pic of the mounting?

thanks
John
Sorry for the delay, I missed your request response.
Yes, I mounted an articulating arm to the right side of the opening. I pre-drilled mounting holes so that the screws would go directly into the wall cabinet framing. Here are a couple of pic's. Since these were taken, I've removed the bottom shelf and replaced the DVD recorder with a combo DVD/VCR recorder and a clock radio.

Attachments

• 100_0479.JPG
    100_0479.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 100_0480.JPG
    100_0480.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 54

yepuhuh

I bought that same mount and totally filled the area in our BH 3585rl Bedroom. It worked out perfect. We also added a DVD SOny player and put it just on top of the cabinet next to the tv and you can hardly see it.

I can take some pictures of how it is mounted sideways on the cabinet and all?

I put a
VIZIO VA26L HDTV10T
in the space.

25.7"W x 17.3"H x 3.7"D without stand

Last edited: