Best place to buy and what is fair price?

forte88

My wife and I live in Southern California. The only Dealer we have found is Richardson's RV which I simply will deny them another penny of my hard earned money. The next nearest dealer we can find at Heartland's website is in Las Vegas. Is there another dealer? Anybody that might even deliver?

We are looking at the 2900mk. My wife really likes the floor plan on this one and it seems to have a lot of bang for the buck with the 3 slides. My wife does want a booth instead of the chair diner for additional sleeping space for grandkids. My question is what is the going fair price for this.
Online I see a dealer in Michigan that is selling it for 26k. Richardson's out here has it for 30k plus change, won't budge, but I would only buy from them if I knew that they would LOSE money. Yes, I have issues with Richardson's RV in Southern California! :mad: Long story, I won't go into it here.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
There was a Bighorn dealer in Pharump Nev. last year when we went through. They did not have a website at the time and I was told that they had good prices on thier units. If we had bought from them we would have saved about $5000 over what we paid in Canada

DennisZ

forte88
I also live in So Cal, and I purchased my BH from Lakeshore RV in Michigan. Not only did they beat everyones price, they also delivered the unit to my front door. Call John at Lakeshore and see what kind of deal he can do. Many folks have also had very favorable comments on RVS for Less in Knoxville, TN. I found their prices were almost identical, but Lakeshore had a better price for delivery by about $1200.

There are also 2 other dealers in So. Cal, All Valley in Acton and Venture Out in Bakersfield. The best I could do at either of these dealerships was about $5000 more than my deal from Lakeshore.

I guess I have been lucky and not needed any warrantee work, as that could be an issue, just depends on how handy you are with an RV.

Good luck in your search. There is a lot of valuable infor on this site, and a lot of folks willing to help with your questions.:)

christianson

Try noble rv in Owatonna MN they have good prices and are good to deal with they have web page and they have some on hand they post some prices www,noblerv.com

DennisZ

forte88
We got 1000 miles for free, so we paid about $1200 or so for delivery, I think it was $1.10 per mile one way.

LADalton

I purchased a 4120 Cyclone from Enchantment RV in Albuquerque after checking many states including Orgeon and Washington. Best deal and they were great to work with. They even installed a new 5th wheel hitch that I consider better than what I could get at Camping world and any hitch company I talked to. Talk to Randy Hise (505) 323-2171

Lee Dalton
owner 4120 Cyclone
Ford 3500 dually:

mufflerman

enchantment rv

I took my 3795 cyclone in to enchantment RV for warranty work and what a mess they made, Tony in service lies. Mike Sr. (owner) is just a big JERK.
They had it for 6 Months and heartland even said there work was unorthodox-ed and unauthorized!
Sales people are always nice till they get your $$$
My advice is to stay clear of enchantment RV

jimtoo

If you don't mind a little drive, check with Explore USA in Texas. They have really great prices and the best service. 866.813.2770 toll free. Ask for Ryan Washington or Ben Notgrass, I'm sure delivery could be arranged if you needed. They are great people to work with. At least check prices with them.
Jim

forte88

Thanks for all the responses. I'll check them all out before buying. In the meantime... I'm off for the weekend to go camping over the new year. Happy New Year to everybody!

LADalton

Enchantment RV

Adition to Ray & Stacey's bad time with Enchantment RV.
I had nothing but a great time and wounderful service from them:
I have owned and currently own a 40 Ft Country Coach Diesel: I just sold a 45 foot Diesel unit and have owned a motor home since 1974 of one kind or another. I have delt with many different companies and I enjoyed Enchantment more than any other company from Washington State to New Jersey. Enchantment had spent about 2 hours extra on a problem with the generator so they called in a generator service company who found a hole in the fuel house and fixed it. It took about 4 hours extra time then they said. SO with out saying anything the owner of Enchantment went and purchased a new TV for the bedroom area and had it installed with NO aditional cost of any kind and said that they were sorry for the extra time it took. Never had any thing like that happen at any other service place. Heatland does not supply TV's for the bedroom in this unit.
Also the cost of the unit was so much less than any place else I went to see it before I placed any $$ down just to be sure we were talking about the same unit. They vacuumed and cleaned inside, outside, and cleaned the carpet before delivery.
Lee

newman

We just ordered from Lakeshore RV and had a great experience with them so far. Their prices cannot be beat even inculding shipping to California.

driver311

some of lakeshores unit are advertised as loaded, but don't have bedroom TVs and 7yr warranties, make sure you are comparing the same speks!
u didn't get any free delivery they made it up on the other end!!!!

driver311:) :)

newman

I did'nt get free delivery, but paid a lower price than he had advertised on e-bay with free shipping.

DennisZ

Newman
I think overall you will be very happy with the service you will get from Lakeshore, they really did good by me. I also had my unit shipped to my home in California.

BTW, what part of California are you from??
Dennis

svd

Another vote for Lakeshore, although I live close enough to pick it up myself. Good luck!

newman

DennisZ, we are located between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe on Hy. 50. From what experience I have had with John so far, I am happy. On the other hand, the local dealer I was working with is not very happy! Lakeshore came in MUCH lower with more options than the local guy.

J

jjjelm

Lakeshore is a great choice. We bought from them in June (1200 miles from home) the drive was well worth the money saved and fine service.....we've been on the road since Sept.30 in our 2007 Big Horn 3055RL with no problems..just leaving Rodeo, NM after a month for St David, AZ for a month.