MPG insurance

We are working out the details before we take possession of our new MPG. What insurance do you have on your MPG? We are going to start getting bids.

brains77396

We use Triumphe Casualty CO. in Richfield OH. We pay $336 a year. If in the first five years it is totaled, we get a new one of the same model (MPG), regardless of replacement cost. After 5 years they pay the original purchase cost. Also included is emergency vacation expense of $750 and other assorted insurance mombo jumbo. 1-800-400-0186 takes you to RV America Insurance Marketing, the broker. My car insurance co would have covered it for less, but did not have the replacement clause. Got this through my dealer. I would assume if after the first year you could save more by bypassing the broker and dealing directly with the co. Also take note of this. If you finance your RV, all interest you pay each year is tax deductible as long as you use it 14 days a year. I have never been ask for the 14 day proof for the 6 years we owned our class "C".

GOTTOYS

My trailer is insured through the company that has my auto insurance. I have always done it that way. It goes on my auto policy as a separate vehicle. Shopped some others but this has always been my best deal.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We switched all our insurance to Progressive. We have the full replacement clause for the first 2 years, I believe. Also disappearing deductible if you have 5 years claim free. We also got roadside assistance included and trip interruption coverage.
Just 3 months after getting the 5ver, we had a mishap with a pole turning into a campsite, and Progressive handled it well... They drove out to inspect the trailer at the storage facility, we didn't have to be present. When the estimate to fix it was more than they had originally authorized, they took care of it. Mailed us a check before the repairs were even done. We purchased everything online. When I emailed questions, they answered everything very quickly. They even had a place to text your specific adjuster on their claims website.

I don't recall what we pay, but I felt it was a much better deal than Allstate.

SmokeyBare

I use a company called RV America for our Fifth Wheel insurance.
Since we full time in our Bighorn our insurance has liability insurance included in our coverage. Those who still own a Home often use their Home Owners policy for liability coverage on their RV. Our coverage is the same as posted by Brains77396

http://rvainsurance.com

Marv

lwmcguir

My trailer is insured through the company that has my auto insurance. I have always done it that way. It goes on my auto policy as a separate vehicle. Shopped some others but this has always been my best deal.

We get the best rate this way as well. About $200 per year for the Augusta for full coverage based on a set value, not lot prices.