tv using suround sound speakers.

ron-s

can the tv in the 3650rl be connected to the entertainment center so i can watch hd tv and get souround sound?
right now it only uses the speakers for the cd/dvd or radio?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
raon, Yes, you can connect the TV to the surround receiver. You have to have a pair of audio stereo cables. Connect one end to the audio out R & L connectors on the back of the TV and the other end to the audio input R & L on the back of the receiver. Depending on the TV, you might have to ture off the TV speakers so it will "route" the sound through the audio out connections. The receiver will have to be set to AUX1 or 2 depending on the receiver connection. Hope this helps.

Vtxkid

ron-s,
You should already have a set of three RCA wires going to the "input" of your tv from your audio/video receiver. Remove the two RCA audio plugs (red/white) and place them in the audio "output" connections of the TV. Turn the volume off to your TV and turn it up on your receiver. Ensure audio "1" or "2" is selected on your receiver so that you hear the sound come from the TV...

ChopperBill

Just going to add, I dont know why the manufactures dont do this when they install the A/V equipment. I am guessing this "problem" is one of the top 3 posts and would only cost the manufacture two bits and less than 1 minute of time to do.

danemayer

If you have the Sharp 42" TV and the Panasonic DVD/Surround Sound, and you get it working, please post details. My configuration doesn't seem to have any match between input and output connections on the two boxes.

branson4020

Icantre Member
None of the methods suggested above will get you the dolby 2.1 or 5.2 surround sound broadcast with HD programming. All you will get using the 2 audio-out cables from your TV is 2-channel stereo. The only way to get the true dolby surround sound from the HD broadcast is to connect the "digital audio" output from the TV to the "digital audio input" of your surround sound receiver.

Vtxkid

None of the methods suggested above will get you the dolby 2.1 or 5.2 surround sound broadcast with HD programming. All you will get using the 2 audio-out cables from your TV is 2-channel stereo. The only way to get the true dolby surround sound from the HD broadcast is to connect the "digital audio" output from the TV to the "digital audio input" of your surround sound receiver.

This is possible only if you have a surround sound receiver... some models don't have it....

danemayer

I solved my connection problem. The Panasonic Surround Sound/DVD player has one set of RCA Phono connectors on the back, which I assumed were for output only. Turns out the red/white pair also function as inputs. So the TV outputs can be connected to these inputs. On the Panasonic, you have to press the EXT-IN button on the remote twice (Radio, then AUX).