Black Dinette Table

waterboy1

As you can see we have a 2011 3250 and a black dinette table. After making breakfast last week we used Chinette paper plates. With the heat or something, under our plates the table turned white. What can I do to get the "black" back in these spots? The table looks terrible now.
Thanks in advance.

SmokeyBare

If it was a white water ring on a clear finish piece of furniture I'd suggest using some petroleum jelly. I suggest you first talk to your dealer for any suggestions he might have. If that doesn't provide you an answer I would then call Customer Service at Heartland at 877-262-8032 or at 574-262-8030. See what they might suggest for a Fix.

Good Luck !
Marv

waterboy1

I have been in contact with customer service and the manufacturer (who says they did not make it). Still not having much luck.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have been in contact with customer service and the manufacturer (who says they did not make it). Still not having much luck.

Say what? In the online photos on HL's website, they clearly show a black dining table in a BC. Who does HL say they get them from? Are there any identifying markings on the underside of the table?

waterboy1

I have talked and e-mailed Ian at HL and he gave me a part number and the ph# to Custom Wood. The Part # is for a brown/rust color that comes in a different HL. Anyway the guy at custom wood told me to sand it with 600 grit and refinsh it with a poly urithane. This even though they did not make it... I just find it very odd that we have used all kind of paper plates with no trouble and then we use the Chinette paper plates and wa la, white areas. It is like the Chinette plates sucked the black out of the finish. If this is a problem for us then other people will have the same problem when they use Chinette plates with eggs over easy and hash browns.

GOTTOYS

It's a wood table with a painted finish. It will be susceptible to damage from anything damp. As a one time paper salesman, I can tell you that the Chi-net plates are not coated with anything to prevent steam and water from bleeding through them. Setting that type of plate on any type of finished wood surface will probably damage it. I might suggest using a vinyl place mat or table cloth but only after your efforts to refinish have been allowed to cure for a week or two. A permanent solution would be to have the tabletop covered with a laminate like Formica. Any cabinet shop could do this and the cost wouldn't be real high. I plan to do ours to prevent any damage.
Just a suggestion..Don