convert box for 2011 Bc for 3550 tv

Aristakat

Hello all,
Got a questions going to pick up our 2011 Bc and called today to see if I need anything for it.
I was told that if I want to watch tv without cable need a converter box was surprised since conversion was over I thought in 2009 that a 2011 with bc tv would be already setup for digital ? Anyone got imput on why they would come setup like this ?

thanks
Jamie
http://aristakatcharters.yolasite.com

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
This doesn't really answer your question but we don't need a converter box in our 2011 3450TS. We can get reception with just the antenna no box.

GOTTOYS

A tv antenna doesn't know if it's picking up a digital signal or analog signal. It's the tuner in the television. If your tv has a digital tuner it will work as is. If it has a analog tuner (like all the older sets have) you will need a converter box. It's as simple as that....Don

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
A tv antenna doesn't know if it's picking up a digital signal or analog signal. It's the tuner in the television. If your tv has a digital tuner it will work as is. If it has a analog tuner (like all the older sets have) you will need a converter box. It's as simple as that....Don

I can't imagine a 2011 Big Country being supplied with an analog TV.