Georgia Area Recommendations Needed

floridarandy

We're in Florida so please ask if you need recommendations for Florida State Parks. But, because we're in Florida we'd like to find Spring and Fall campsites in Georgia that can offer Spring and FAll Color close to home.

Interested in areas along the I-75 cooridor to Blairsville and area east around J Strom Thurmond Reservoir/Augusta. Also interested in the coastline along I-95 from St. Mary's to Savannah.

State Parks, COE are great, but don't mind commercial campgrounds with trees and nature nearby.

We'd like to start with areas that can be reached in one long day or 2 short days from Florida. We're in Sarasota, just south of Tampa.

Thanks

Randy and Karen

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
www.trackrock.com Plus there are several State parks close by but most people prefer Trackrock for the natural uncrowded "better buffer" natural campsites if that is what you prefer. Just call/email and ask for what you are looking for on your site. Privacy, view, etc.... It is 10 minutes to Young Harris, 15 minutes to downtown Blairsville, 15 - 20 minutes to Hiawassee.

Hogladyrider

Thanks for the link on Trackrock it sure looks great from their web site.

I e-mailed them to see if they have RV sites that can accommodate a 38' 5th wheel as I did not see many on their photo gallery page.
Susan