Weight report on 3410re and dodge.tv.

jpajax

Got some spring issue's and had to have camper weighed.Camper alone not hooked to truck 12,800 lb. Truck with camper hooked up steer axle 4,100 lb drive axle 5,540 lb camper weight hooked up 10,240 lb. So I guess they can't say I am over loaded.

Attachments

• PICT1129.jpg
    PICT1129.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 56

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Wow, that's a lightweight. Actually though, your springs don't look very bad at all. Not a huge arch but they don't look flat anywhere either.

jpajax

This is a photo that I took when first bought camper not a year ago. Now the shocks are bent . If they don't look bad now with this weight what do you think they would look like with the max weight that this unit is capable of carrying 15000 lb.

Attachments

• PICT0848.JPG
    PICT0848.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 54

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jim, The shocks bending seem to be a fairly common occurrence. For the most part, they are useless at the angle they are installed. I can't answer why they install them at that angle. In 2007 when we bought our 3400, we didn't get any shocks. I think most suggest to remove the shocks.

I decided early on, since we were full time, knowing we would be heavy at 15,000, I had Mor-ryde install their independent suspension on our rig. Several other forum members have done the same. Since then I haven't had any concerns or problems. Others have found a local spring shop and replaced the Lippert springs with heavier USA made components and at the same time installed a wet bolt kit to lubricate the spring mounting bolts and shackles.

Others have contacted Lippert directly with their concerns and Lippert has replaced the springs. Any option you take is your decision. If I were you, I would make sure all the torque values on your "U-Bolts" are correct and watch the springs closely. If you see things getting worse, it might be time to take a different approach and call Lippert or a local spring company. There are several threads on the forum regarding springs. I'll return with a link ASAP.
Here's a couple of links Lippert Link
Lippert Link2

Last edited: