2009 3210 cyclone fresh water vent

ultrafarmer

I took the panel off where I fill the tank to look at the back side of the fill hole. There is a hole in the front by the fill hole that has a screen and I thought that might be where the vent should be. On the back side there is no vent hose hooked up to it, where is the vent at on my rig.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
ultrafarmer, in our rig, what you are describing has a hose attached to it. It is the vent hose from the freshwater tank. I can't answer your question regarding where your vent hose is. If Heartland changed how the tank is vented, it could be hidden somewhere. I doubt that though. The hose vent should be vented to the UDC so that if it did overflow, it wouldn't get anything in the underbelly soaked. Look around in the area behind that wall for an un-attached hose. That might be it if you can find one.

truknutt

Committed Member
Ultrafarmer, I also have a 2009 3210. Mine has the vent hose attached to the backside of the UDC where you think yours should be (hole with screen over it).

There were issues with the hose being to long and not being secured well which caused a sag in the vent line. This caused some to have trouble getting their full compliment of fresh water in the tank. Is it possible that the hose worked its way off the the back of the UDC and is laying in the underbelly somewhere?

ultrafarmer

I had the panel off and there is no hose anywhere. When I fill the tank there is so much pressure in the tank that when full it blows water out of the fill hole 6 to 8 ft. after I take the hose out of fill hole. And there has been water run across the floor of kitchen that was fun. My dealer in Guthrie Center, Ia is so bad on service I will never go there again. It went out of warranty about Sept. and I was trying to get it in Aug. 10 and they still have not got me in.

ultrafarmer

Took the underbelly off and the vent hose was sagging down very low. I cut it off and ran it down through the underbelly, I put a screen in the hose and it works very good now.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ultrafarmer, since you have solved your problem I have moved this thread into the Cyclone General Discussion area.

Peace
Dave