Hello, new to site

lvstotrvl

Good Morning All~
We are Anne, Bill & Clancy ( Dog ) from Fl. We are looking to buy a BigHorn in early spring so here's hoping you can stand a few questions, I will try & not overload you...:)

There are no dealers close to us in our part of FL so we have not seen a BigHorn, we have seen the Heartland product & are very excited about it. A few of our friends have their 5th wheels like the LandMark, the Big Country & the Sundance but we really love the BigHorn. I am trying to get all my ducks in a row so that when we finally get to a dealer we can tell him just what we want. My biggest problem is the floorplans, we love the 3070RL but from the pictures we have seen on line it looks like the dining room chairs or the Island covers the fireplace when sitting on the couch, Bill says they don't it's just the angle of the picture but I disagree. :) If any of you have one or have seen one could you please share.

We also love the 3185RL but there is no place for a W/D which I would really love since I don't have one now. We are not full timers but we are retired so we spend alot of time with our RV....

One more question, how are they on warranty work? None of our friends have had any problems with their RV's so we have no idea how they will be...
Thanks so much for any help you can give us.

Anne, Bill & Clancy

jbeletti

Hi Anne and Bill,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You will certainly get a lot of response to your questions by product owners. So please check back on this thread often or better yet, subscribe to it.

I do want to tell you that the Florida Super Show will be held in Tampa at the Fairgrounds this January (view RV show thread here). Landmark and Bighorn will be on display indoors. Lazydays is our dealer there for this product. I will be there with a large crew of Heartland Owners Club members at the Club table indoors. We'll also have an open house on Friday on property at the RV of Mickey, our Florida Chapter Leader (view open house thread here).

This show would be a great time to pick up your Bighorn or factory order one with everything on it you want :)

Jim

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Hello Bill and Anne. We're the Mathis', Byrd and Nathan and of course BamBam (the toy poodle). We have been Big Country owners starting our 5th season and absolutely love it. We are not fulltimers yet but one of our buddies has a Big Horn 3670 which they have been living in for over 2 years now and still enjoy it muchly. Hopefully your quest for finding the right unit will be over soon and ya'll can have many happy moments traveling this great country.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Hello from WA State! I am sure you will be happy with a Bighorn...they are very nice rigs with some great features. We really enjoy our new Big Country and are happy we chose a Heartland product.

Best Wishes!

lvstotrvl

Jim, thanks for the info. we will try & make the Tampa show. We will also make the Atlanta show too since we will be buying from a GA dealer.

Thanks Byrd & Nathan for your responds, I have till March to decide what model that I want to order, otherwise I will be in big trouble...LOL

SJH--- I have a friend that has a Big Country, they love their's too.

SmokeyBare

Ivstotrvl,

Not sure what part of Fla your located. I seem several Bighorn's, Big Country's, Sundance & Edge on Long View RV Super Center. They are located at 4811 McIntosh Rd | Dover, FL., 33527 which is just off Rt# 4 east of Tampa. I don't know anything about the dealer though, we only stopped in to see about RV Supplies.

Just an idea if you want to kick the tires on a few Heartlands.

Marv

lvstotrvl

SmoketBare...
Wow, you are so right. I checked there web site, they have tons of Heartland RV's Thanks for the info!
Anne

jpajax

I have a 3410RE Big Horn we like were the fireplace is and also like that when you stop for a break with the slides in you can still get to kitchen and bathroom. Don't know what your tv is but if you look at the weight and and especially the hitch weight is lower than some of the other models of that size. Has a place for wd and you will love the big screen TV across the back. But you have to live in it not me there are good and bad in all floor plains you need to see what fits the way you want to camp and will feel comfortable in.

SmokeyBare

Anne,

If you decide to visit LakeView RV, might want to pull through Tampa East's RV Park to see a few other Heartland RV's. I know of two Bighorn's and one Elk-Ridge (As of 11/21) in their second section of the park which is off of Rt 92, around the corner from the Main part of the park which is on McIntosh.

Have fun with your research.

Marv

bobber

Good Evening

The dining room chairs nor the island in the kitchen cover the fireplace when you are on the couch. I sit on ours all the time and the fireplace actually faces the couch so you get all the great warm air. We just purchased our 3070RL and really love it.

aatauses

I will add our experience with the HL group. We went to the Tampa show 2 years ago and had just about made up our minds prior to the show(had been looking/experimenting for 2 years) and went to give our final look see. We actually got a great deal at the show and ordered a BH 3670 to be delivered and serviced by Long View in Dover.
We picked it up in Feb 2009 and have been in it ever since.
Yes, we have had a few issues, sometimes difficult dealing with dealers, however each time HL has exceeded their customer service. Including sending parts directly to me, walking me through some issues that I could fix myself, and giving me countless advice on many different subjects. Bottom line---you will not be disappointed.
al

K

karykatz

Al,

Thanks for our input. Its great to hear you are still in our 3670 and we have helped with any of your issues. It great to have you part of our Heartland RV Family.

lvstotrvl

Jpajax--
I love your 3410RE it has everything I would like but is too big for us, we are limited to 35 or 36 ft because of were we like to camp. It's hard to get around all the trees in the state parks with a big RV...

SmokeyBare--
Unfortunately we do not have our 5th wheel with us so we will be staying in a hotel next to the Tampa Fairgrounds.
Thank you.

bobber--
I was so glad to see your post, it's good to know that I will be able to see the fireplace from the couch. Thank you!

aatauses--
Thank you for the info. on Heartlnd. This will be our 2nd & last 5th wheel, we had such good luck with our Travel Supreme once they closed we were worried about the other manufacturer's out there. We have had our TS for 10 years so we are really out of the loop. Thanks again!
Anne