Heartland Titanium

albertr

Titanium (Glendale) Went out of business in Ontario I believe in Jan 2010. Now Titanium owners are excited because the rumor is that Heartland will be building the Titanium design 5th wheel.

ChopperBill

We looked at a Titanium a few years back at an RV show. One of the best built and designed ones there. It was the unit that got our interest in RE models. Renee didn't like the bed and I didn't care for the basement storage but other than that I would have been proud to own it.

dieselsweetheart

We used to have a Titanium trailer before we got the Bighorn. We had it 2 seasons...then bought the BH. The Titanium 5th wheel was so much more expensive than the BH...and I didn't like the direction of the bed (not on a bump) and it was really difficult to get to to make the bed. I had that issue in the trailer. Otherwise it was a nice RV but the cost of it was a bit prohibitive...

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I agree with you Cheryl about the bedroom setup and the cost. We looked at a Titatium 6 years ago, tried to work out a trade with the SOB 5're we had at the time and they still wanted right at $60K. Let's see - 60K or the paid for rig we had. Hummm - no contest, keep the SOB. That's when we found Heartland and got our first Sundance. Happy travels since then.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I just read about this on another forum. HERE is the thread complete with a floorplan.

albertr

We owned a 2005 Titanium for 4 years traded on a Greystone this summer. Bedroom setup was OK when we first owned it but I developed a hip/back problem couple that with getting up 2 or 3 times a night we had to get rid of it. Very well built. Expensive. Titanium got a good thing when they came up with the 'aerodynamic' design--sold a lot of 5th wheels- but it was not one bit more economical to tow than the Heartland.

branson4020

Icantre Member
Looked at these before we bought the Bighorn. I thought it was an interesting concept but did not think the build quality was as good as Heartland. Wife hated the cramped bedroom space. We both agreed that once you stepped up to the larger models, the length-saving, extra maneuverabilty aspect was moot.

beardedone

Beardedone
I owned an 03 24/29 Titanium and it was very well built. We would have bought another one but we didn't like the floor plan as well. I can tell you one thing, I never ever had any trouble with the springs or axles! The one thing I loved about the Titanium was the ease with pulling it and the fuel economy because of reduced wind drag. Prior to the T I had another similar sized 5th wheel that had a conventional nose and I towed both it and the T with the same truck. When I got the Titanium I got an extra 2 miles to the Canadian gallon, going from 11 to 13 mpg. If Heartland was to configure a trailer like that you will see increased fuel economy and stability.

ckrspan5

Is there any updates on the new Heartland Bighorn Ti?

Does anyone have any idea which upcoming RV show may be showing the new Heartland Bighorn Ti ?

P

powerj

We bought a new bh32ti in May 2011. Anyone expecting normal titanium level of quality(good), it is just not there. bh32ti quality is mediocre. List of snags way too long to review.

Willym

We bought a new bh32ti in May 2011. Anyone expecting normal titanium level of quality(good), it is just not there. bh32ti quality is mediocre. List of snags way too long to review.
I owned 3 Titaniums prior to my current rig, and find that the quality of Heartland products to be comparable if not better. I base this on our unit, on several other Heartland units that I assisted my dealer with on PDI's, and on my dealers comments in that he had much fewer items to repair on Heartland units compared to Glendale units. Looking at your other posting outlining the deficiencies that you found, I suspect that your dealer did not do a very good PDI.

P

powerj

Just spent 3 hours in baement, 4 panels removed to find out where major water leak was coming from.
A hand tight fitting to the shower hose sprayed water back inside all over everything, including the power converter. What a potential case for electrical snafu there! Who puts a converter with replaceable safety fuses behind numerous panels and adjacent to water lines anyway?
Good news, I spied the broken cable splitter from the factory(bent at right angle and crimped with needle nose I guess). All my helpful rv neighbours cannot believe our patience with the 32Ti. Maybe we had to spend $75K or $85k instead of $65K ??

Westcoast

Hi there, we are new Titanium 32TI owners and are very excited to get out on our maiden voyage this Labour Day weekend. Powerj I noticed you mentioned the cable splitter, where did you find it? I am having issues with the tv picture in the living room and need to trace back the cable to the splitter to fix the problem I think. The bedroom works fine. Also the hot water heater is not working on propane and I have racked my brain trying to figure out why it won`t fire, it does not even try. I will post more later but I am at this point not for a second regretting this purchase, its the layout my wife and I wanted.

Willym

Hi there, we are new Titanium 32TI owners and are very excited to get out on our maiden voyage this Labour Day weekend. Powerj I noticed you mentioned the cable splitter, where did you find it? I am having issues with the tv picture in the living room and need to trace back the cable to the splitter to fix the problem I think. The bedroom works fine. Also the hot water heater is not working on propane and I have racked my brain trying to figure out why it won`t fire, it does not even try. I will post more later but I am at this point not for a second regretting this purchase, its the layout my wife and I wanted.

Re: water heater. Have you checked for 12volts at the heater? You may have a blown fuse. You also may need to reset the high temperature cut-out if it has tripped for some reason. It's under the outside cover. Check your manual for details.

Westcoast

HI Willym, Thanks for the reply. Yes have done all that and still no luck. I have it booked in to the shop for service on Friday so I will have to wait till then I guess. In all honesty the TV has me more cranked up than the water heater right now anyway. It is heating on the electrical side. I will let let you know the results on Friday.
Reg

rnewk52

Well, we have finished moving all of our "stuff" from our previous Cyclone into our new BH TI32, and we really are amazed at how much storage room there is in this unit. We still have room to spare.
After using all the appliances, turning on all the lights, running water through the sinks and faucets, and opening and closing all doors numerous times, the only thing we have found wrong so far is the supports for the storage area under the bed are not strong enough to hold the bed up, we have a piece of dowel rod in there now temporarily.
We leave on our first trip with this unit next Sunday for about three weeks. Should be a good shakedown cruise.
I do have one thing I can't figure out yet. Inside the UDC on the right side (as you are looking in ) there is an electrical switch located just under the CATV connection. This switch is not marked and appears to do nothing. Today I was at the dealer and looked at another TI32, (which was built just one week before ours), and it does not have the switch in question. The dealers service tech suggested it could be a remote water pump switch for easier winterizing, but when the switch is flipped nothing happens.
Any thoughts or ideas?? Thanks and safe travels