Mirrors

kb0zke

Our two vehicle is a 2005 Mercury Mountaineer. Do we need extra mirrors, or is the mpg narrow enough that the standard outside mirrors are sufficient?

lwmcguir

Best way to check that is to be hooked up and straight with the trailer. Have someone stand behind you in line with the center of the coach. If you can see them in both mirrors you are good. The distance varies a bit by state as how many feet that should be where the view in the mirrors converges.

bighorn3370

The more you can see the safer you are. I have tt mirrors on my f250. I added blind spot mirrors. I would say yes you need them to be a safe driver going down the road.Most add on mirrors are around $50.00. I do not know the price you paid for your Mountaineer and MPG. Is not buying them worth the repair bill.

dixdaman

Hi, we are driving a Chevy Traverse. I thought we may need extra mirrors, now, I don't think so. The Traverse has the factory blind spot mirrors built in both driver and passenger sides and because the MPG is quite narrow, I have not had any problem. I agree with Bighorn, the more you can see the better and safer you are on the road. Having said that, I am constantly checking my mirrors when on the road and at this point I feel comfortable with the setup without any mirror ad ons.
In the interest of your own safety, if you are not sure and feel the Mountaineer is not giving you good vision, additional mirrors may be required.
Happy camping.
/