Dog kennel in RV

2010augusta

or do this, can't get to it from outside, but it gets the job done.

If we did have the outside kennel a set of steps there, would be great so wet dogs can just run up the stairs and into their own drying area.

Attachments

• DSCN4403 (Small).JPG
    DSCN4403 (Small).JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 70

LarryD

First, I wouldn't have the dogs riding in the RV on the road, too stressful for them. Second, what is the point of having an outside door, the owner has to walk outside to use it since the dog can't let themselves in or out by themselves, easier to let them out the main door instead. Third, if my dogs are wet, I can make the decision at the front door to dry them off immediately and/or put them in their cage that is right next to the door. I'm happy with my setup.

Crumgater

We have two large dogs (99lb Dane/Lab mix and a 67lb Bulldog/Boxer mix).

The kennel area would be handy in a few situations, but when we need them out of the way, they can always go sit in the back seat of the TV. That's where they want to ride when we travel, anyway. I agree with LarryD, traveling in the moving RV makes for anxious dogs (our Dane mix, especially).

porthole

Retired
Heartland already offers a kennel option. Has 3 entrances and a water resistant floor.

They call it a Cyclone

Attachments

• D30_4873_b.JPG
    D30_4873_b.JPG
    534.4 KB · Views: 57

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Heartland already offers a kennel option. Has 3 entrances and a water resistant floor.

They call it a Cyclone
Good one Duane, Seriously though, if a person has more than one large dog, a toy hauler is an excellent option. Garages can be made quite comfy. Plus, set up right can be a nice patio/bar/man cave.