WA Weather

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Sure glad we winterized last week! Weather went from 55 degrees to upper 20's overnight. Here in northern Whatcom County we have snow and gusty winds (40mph). NOAA puts the wind chill at 16' Now I realize for a lot of the country this is considered mild weather but for us this is darn cold! Stay warm!

AMSnow.jpg

Last edited:

2010augusta

Brrrr, I am glad here in the South sound we are still in the upper 30's/low 40's, the Cold stuff is not suppose to be here until Sunday and Monday.

Heated water hose is in place and water tank is almost full, I'll check propane levels later today.

temps in the 30's and 90% humidity feels real cold.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Ok - I got the shivers looking at the pic. Glad it's you and not me. Here in TN, it's about 60 degrees and partly sunny. Come join us.

loafer

Steve and Analyn
Yes darn cold here just north of you .It was down to 29 F and white stuff still on the ground from 2 days ago.
Very windy as well so stay in and try to keep warm.
I too am glad we winterized our trailer just last week
Regards Bill

SJH

Hey Bill...I think our cold weather starts up your way from Fraiser River Valley! Just checked NOAA again and the predicted high temps are 32 with lows at 19 with gusty northeast winds through next Wed. Yup...going to stay in and watch a cowboy movie!

Have a great weekend!

SJH

UPDATE: Things just aren't letting up around here! Below are the stats for today! Note the wind chill at 3' and wind gusts to 51mph! Geez...How many more days until Spring?

Overcast

23°F
(-5°C)Humidity:27 %
Wind Speed:NE 39 G 51 MPH
Barometer:29.73 in (1007.30 mb)
Dewpoint:-6°F (-21°C)
Wind Chill:3°F (-16°C)
Visibility:15.00 Miles

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
And we were complaining it was 80 degree F here in East Texas today. Glad it was now.

2010augusta

well we just hit 19*, light snow and breezy. Heat tape is on and so far we are fairing well.

the expect overnight low was 22* so who knows how cold we will really get.

2010augusta

it is 11* this morning, we had a short power outage last-night, water hose is doing well and still flowing, LOTS of tree branches down from the combo of wind, snow, and sub-freezing temps.

SJH

Yup...pretty nasty! You must have everything bundled up good to not have any freezing issues! This morning it was 15 but we still have the high winds. Chill factor at -1. They say tonight will be the coldest then things should start warming up! We are on normal schedules but I noticed a lot of schools your way are closed! I felt sorry for the Big Country so I went out and turned her furnace on as low as it would go. I think the propane will last a couple of days. Hang in there!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Wow, keep that cold out there Alan! Looks like the TT actually survived pretty well. Was there anyone in it?

Was just looking at your pics again. Are you hooked up to your tow vehicle, or is that an optical illusion?

Last edited:

loafer

Hey Alan
Trees are great in the summer for shade but watch out in the winter when winds are a blowin.
Stay safe and warm down there.
Regards Bill

2010augusta

Yes a couple was in the trailer, and the CG managers took them to a local hotel for the rest of the night and I have not heard if they will be back in it tonight.

No the truck is not hook to the trailer, it is backed close to it, but off to the ODS by 4 feet.

5erWonk

You guys on the west side are livin' large.....Over here in Naches the forecast is -5F tonight. Our high today was 16 with 4" of snow.

Fortunately I put on my skirting this weekend...We're at 10F right now and nothing has frozen up yet, but tonight will be the test.

Stay warm everyone!!

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
When it drops to 11 and the snow comes it is something to crow about in WA and OR.....we here in Idaho (Yellowstone area) have 42 inches of snow on our decks and 8 below zero and its just the beginning!