Electric Breaker for Slide-Out

kodiak99

Hello,

New member here with my first post.

I own a 2009 29' Heartland North Country RKS.

I am trying to troubleshoot why my slide-out won't work. I tested the switch with no results and the manual says I should check the breaker next. The problem is that I can't find the breaker and the dealer's parts/service department is closed on weekends.

Does anyone know where they installed the breaker on this model? It's not in the main breaker panel, and the manual says it should be within 18" of the battery. I've looked there but I can't find it.

jimtoo

Hi kodiak99,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I am not sure where the breakers are, but should be close to battery. Follow battery cable and may go into another compartment. The breakers might look like a terminal board with red covers on the bolts to protect against something shorting it our. Some are auto reset and some have a little button on the side or somewhere. Just follow the battery cables and you will find them.

Hopefully someone with a North Country will jump in and give better location.

Enjoy the forum and your new toy.

Jim M

kodiak99

Thanks for the welcome! I guess I will just keep probing into the underbelly unless someone knows anything more specific.

kodiak99

You may have looked right at the circuit breaker and not recognized it. Here is a picture of what they look like.

Thank you very much! That was it! That looked absolutely nothing like a circuit breaker. That is probably one of the poorest engineering designs I have come across in a long while.

But thanks to the collective wisdom of forums like these my problem is mostly solved. Now if only I hadn't broke the manual slide-out crank while trying to fix the elctrical problem.

jimtoo

Thank you very much! That was it! That looked absolutely nothing like a circuit breaker. That is probably one of the poorest engineering designs I have come across in a long while.

But thanks to the collective wisdom of forums like these my problem is mostly solved. Now if only I hadn't broke the manual slide-out crank while trying to fix the elctrical problem.

Evidently you have not been around the auto, truck and rv industry before or had to work on one. Those little breakers have been around for many, many years. Some are auto reset, some are not. I am sure the little breakers have saved many auto, truck and rv's from fires or wiring damage. There is no doubt in my mind they have probably saved lives also.