Lippert auto leveling system

funntheson

Does anyone have pictures of the optional 4 point leveling system that Heartland offers? Is it 4 including the front hydraulic jacks, or in addition to?

The reason I ask is because I ordered this option on my unit that is being built, yet when I see Lipperts magazine ad and website, they talk about all of the damage that can take place with the 4 point systems.

Somebody, please make me feel better about this option.

jbeletti

The system from Heartland is a 4-point hydraulic automatic leveling system from Lippert. It also incorporates the rear electric stabilizers into the system whereby those come down and stabilize automatically - once the leveling is complete.

So the front landing gear are 2 of the 4 jacks. The other 2 are behind the rear axle tires. It's a great system.

The system Lippert offers as an aftermarket system for all brands and as an OEM option for DRV products is a 6-point hydraulic leveling system. Initially, it was a manual system. It is now also offered as an automatic system. This system does not require, nor incorporate the rear electric stabilizers. The 6-point system when installed aftermarket is more costly that the 4-point system we install.

Is the 6 point better than the 4-point system? Well, it's 6-points of hydraulic leveling on the ground versus 4. The 4-point system is very adequate. I have had both. The 6-point system I had was manual. The last system I had was the automatic 4-point system. Automatic is nice!

You did well by getting the system that we offer as an OEM installed option. For you to have gotten the 6-point system would have entailed some logistical gymnastics in Elkhart by your out-of-state dealer. Difficult at best. You did well - stick with it :)

Jim

funntheson

Thanks Jim, I am sure it will be fine. I just don't like the way Lippert dogs 4-point systems in Trailer Life and on their website. It doesn't do much to boost your confidence in the product that is offered by Heartland.

I would love to see any videos or photos of this system in action.

If you have video/photos, please pm me and I will give you my email address.

Last edited:

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
If you order the 4 point system do you not get the electric rear stabilizers also?

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
That's what I thought, there just not part of the auto system but it's still 6 points.