Almost Ordered 3185

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We were at Crossroads Trailer Sales today and worked out our order for a Bighorn 3185. We are only waiting to see the wood samples as the decor has changed. If anyone has pics they could post of the Pecan woodwork we would love to see them. Post them if you can please. This is the only thing stopping us from signing on the dotted line! Thanks and we appreciate your help.

funntheson

We ordered a BH 3585 with Pecan after seeing a Landmark with Pecan at an rv show. I don't have any pictures, but my wife and I really liked it.

imchud

We were at Crossroads Trailer Sales today and worked out our order for a Bighorn 3185. We are only waiting to see the wood samples as the decor has changed. If anyone has pics they could post of the Pecan woodwork we would love to see them. Post them if you can please. This is the only thing stopping us from signing on the dotted line! Thanks and we appreciate your help.

You will love the 3185... although I'm a bit bias... Enjoy

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The Pecan color in the photos looks like it's between the oak and cherry in terms of darkness. Interesting color. But, looking at the photos of the desk area, what is the purpose of that pull out section behind the TV? If you have a laptop set up there, you'll have to remove it to pull it out. Design also makes setting a printer nearby kind of tough. IMHO.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
The Pecan color in the photos looks like it's between the oak and cherry in terms of darkness. Interesting color. But, looking at the photos of the desk area, what is the purpose of that pull out section behind the TV? If you have a laptop set up there, you'll have to remove it to pull it out. Design also makes setting a printer nearby kind of tough. IMHO.

JohnDar, we understand that the fireplace and cabinet with the computer shelf above have been reversed now. This would move the computer away from in front of the TV. Either way we travel with two laptops (just so we don't fight over who's turn it is) so the additional tray would be convenient for us. We had a desk in the 3055 and never used it to sit at while on the computer. The cabinet has a shelf inside for a printer and as we use a wireless set up it will be just fine once we put in the roll out tray for easy access to the printer. Like everything it is a personal preference and we think this will work just fine for us once we tweek it to our liking!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
True, it's personal preference that dictates the floorplan, color, etc., that we each get. I wasn't slamming it, just that it would not work for me. I keep my laptop on the desk, along with a printer (and a cat), when we're "in residence." Dar usually has the dining table and sink counters taken up with her Cricut toys if we're staying inside.

View attachment 11117

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
True, it's personal preference that dictates the floorplan, color, etc., that we each get. I wasn't slamming it, just that it would not work for me. I keep my laptop on the desk, along with a printer (and a cat), when we're "in residence." Dar usually has the dining table and sink counters taken up with her Cricut toys if we're staying inside.

View attachment 11117

So our desk looked much like yours and darn if our cats didn't take up residence there as well. As a matter of fact, they don't take up residence, they take over everything but the payment book!

I certainly didn't think you were slamming. It's more like everyone needs it their way and what works for some doesn't always meet the needs of others. I guess that's why there are so many to choose from.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We're done! All that's left to do now is wait :( and continue packing up the 3055. Should take delivery in early February!:)