Bathroom change

FARMER45

One week after ordering bh 3610 re, cherry cabinets was deleted,kitchen flooring has been changed, today learned, door from bathroom to bedroom has been deleted in favor of larger shower. We studied long and hard on color, bath, and floors, before we ordered, now we have no idea what we ordered is going to look like

boatdoc

Welcome to the world of running line changes. I remember back a few years when they changed the bedroom closet around to incorperate outward swing doors for the W/D and they took away a drawer bank and upper cabinet, boy were people ticked. We sure would have been if we would have received that arrangement. I hope all works out for you and you get what you thought you ordered.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I believe the pics of the new San Antonio that Jim B. Took in Cal. Has the walnut wood doesn't it?

davebennington

Last week when we were in Elkhart JimB took us on a tour of the factory, we saw a new San Antonio unit it had pecan wood. Julie likes the layout but does not care for the pecan wood look, she prefers the lighter look that we have in our "classic" Landmark.

Dave & Julie

timinou

I wish you to have one excess great surprise. Jusqu ' in now I find that he(it) changes for best. Like we the courrant.

ChopperBill

I believe the pics of the new San Antonio that Jim B. Took in Cal. Has the walnut wood doesn't it?

I believe it is Pecan. Ordering a trailer is like playing Russian Roulette. You have more chances of some things being better but just once in a while its not. Happened to us twice on the shower. Learned to live with what we had and it turned out better in the long run.
Farmer, I got a feeling you will like the new bath area if it is like some of the newer floor plans I have seen. We do like to keep the door open between the bedroom and our bath for a roomier feeling, however.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Time out! Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here, but if you placed a specific order and options/colors are no longer available, shouldn't you be given the option of changing, or even cancelling, your order if you don't like the new package? It would be like ordering a red truck and being told it's no longer available, here's a pink one.

jbeletti

Farmer - this time of year brings changes to product. You dealer is the party responsible to keep you abreast of any changes to be made to your ordered rig. As such, they should be able to give you a pretty good sense of what you are getting. That said, I invite you to make a phone call right now to get it all figured out. Call 574-262-5992 and ask for Kary Katzenberger. Kary can share with you what changes will be made and what they will look like.

Sorry that you are getting caught up in this "change period".

Jim

funntheson

I am not opposed to change, change can be good. But, this does have me thinking. I wonder if there are any changes to my BH 3585RL that is in it's 2nd week of production.

If anybody has a scoop, please share.

Last edited:

ChopperBill

Time out! Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here, but if you placed a specific order and options/colors are no longer available, shouldn't you be given the option of changing, or even cancelling, your order if you don't like the new package? It would be like ordering a red truck and being told it's no longer available, here's a pink one.

John, there is a little disclaimer about making changes without notice on the bottom of most literature and other do-dads. I doubt they will do things like put the toilet in the living room but subtle differences could be made. I was really annoyed when they took the seat out of the shower and it happened on both the Bighorns I ordered. But after making some changes to my shower routine I wouldn't have it any other way. We got a better desk area than was shown in the literature so that worked out to our advantage.

back2nature

Our BH 3670RL arrived at the dealer last Sat. and we brought it home on Wed. We got everything we ordered. It's beautiful. I was worried about one thing in the bathroom. We ordered the vanity sink that are on some Landmarks and Big Country's. I was worried that it would come in the satin stainless we had seenon the order models and not match the bronze shower. But the faucet did come bronze. So my towels racks I already purchased will match. It's all about the matching. Heartland did good. We do prefer the two sliding doors in the bathroom, and I am glad we did get that. It makes it all so open. We must have made our order in time before Heartland made the "unannounced" changes. It seems to me that when you plunk down that much money, you should get what you ordered. At the very least, you should be aware of changes that may come on your order and you should get a chance to opt out if you really don't like it because it's not what you ordered. I would be upset if I ordered a four-door car and the dealer said it is now a two-door car.

sunflower

We have always seen the unit we purchased and kept looking untill we found one to look at that we liked.We were never brave enough to order,then see it and not like it.I am not sure but think that we got good buys off the lots over ordering.

funntheson

We have always seen the unit we purchased and kept looking untill we found one to look at that we liked.We were never brave enough to order,then see it and not like it.I am not sure but think that we got good buys off the lots over ordering.

It's not just a question of getting a good buy. We wanted a lot of options on our unit. Buying off the lot, you are limited to what options the units currently have. Yes, you can add some after, but some options are only available from the factory.

I'm not saying one way is better than the other. I just helped my parents find a new fiver off a lot (unfortunately not a Heartland).I'm just trying to say that rv's are not a one size, one set of options fits all kind of purchase. If you read a lot of the posts on this forum, you will find that many people buy a unit, use it long enough to find out what they wish they had, then order one to fit their needs/wants.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
We ordered a 3670 a couple of weeks ago with most available options. My wife was very pleased when we saw the newer changes online before we ordered. The new bath looks very nice. We also opted for the Pecan cabinets. The dealer wasn't even aware that they were available until we took a picture in. He called his rep who confirmed the changes.
Looking forward to getting it.
I'm a little concerned upon hearing the new bath extends the unit another foot. Gulp!
We currently have a Sandpiper 31', so even the previously listed size of 38' 1" seemed long to me.
However we are going to rent our house to my son and begin fulltiming in Feb 2011, so we needed a larger unit than what we have.