Rooky Just bought a New 2009 31RED

The wife and just bought our first TT. A 2009 31 RED. We really like the lay out and the space. I looked a long time and did a lot of homework before we jumped into this. Really looking forward to taking it out. Haven't even picked it up yet!

jimtoo

Hi MorriaGBee,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Check it out really good when you go for PDI. Make sure everything works and you can work everything. Then go camping and make many good memories.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Welcome!

You say "new" 2009? Is that new, never used, or 'new' to you? If it is new from a dealer, it may have been on their lot a while, they've had 2011's out since Spring. Be sure to look at everything carefully, especially caulking and tires. Be sure to do a good PDI, so you get to check and learn how to use every system. Don't let them rush you, this part is critical to your enjoyment of your RV future!

Also check out NorthTrailTalk.com for a forum strictly about NTs.

Enjoy!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
MorrisGBee - congratulations on your new "condo on wheels". I know you will enjoy many hours traveling and seeing this great country of ours. Not sure where in AL you are but Tennessee is having a rally the first weekend in August 2011 and would love to invite ya'll to come join us in Townsend. Info can be found on the portal page. Once again, congratulations and travel safely.

irvin56

congrats. You said first TT. if you haven't pulled anything behind you that is 33 Foot before, be carefull and don't rush your self. watch for cornering and braking distance. have you got a good WDHitch setup/sway control? that would be the first thing I would get setup properly before you leave on any trip. Trust me on that one 30 Plus yrs ago.

Got our trailer home and safe in it’s crib a bit before Christmas. Then you might know, North Alabama is greeted with about 4 inches of snow on Christmas morning.
We’re eager to take the TT out for her Maiden Voyage. We've been doing some shopping in the meantime - Need a lot of “stuff” to set up properly.

Question: Is the Reese Duel Cam Sway Control a good item? Looks and sounds better than the standard Friction Sway Control.

jnbhobe

Question: Is the Reese Duel Cam Sway Control a good item? Looks and sounds better than the standard Friction Sway Control.

As far as I'm concerned the Reese Dual Cam is as good as it gets. Other than the Hensley!!! $$$$

I use a Equalizer E4 WD hitch. It works great. No sway ever even in strong crosswinds. Easy setup and simple to hitch and unhitch. I highly recommend it. You won't be disappointed. They have their own website.

sunflower

Had reese for years always up graded to newest model and sizes,then dealer put me onto an Equalizer and it is the best I have had,will never change back.Pay very close attention to slide mechanism and floor.