Finally had to winterize/ how many days did you camp this year?

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Well after watching the weather for the past week and looking at the Camping schedule I winterized yesterday. The system in the Sundance makes it easy to do and easy to undo if needed. I am hoping to get some camping in later on. I hated to winterize but temps are predicted to be in the 20's late in the week. don't want to take any chances. Can't wait until next year already missing it. We camped over 85 days this year how about you?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Hi Lee - see that ya haven't traded yet. With the many changes that HL is doing, it might be good to wait a little while longer for all the new changes to filter down. We are camping the 1st weekend in Dec in Sevierville. Nat doesn't want to put pinky in yet so we've been blowing the lines till right before Christmas. As of now, we have been out over 65 days not counting next month. Have a great Holidays.
B--

RoadJunkie

Every single day we've camped this year has been great. We don't try to count them, it would be like trying to count the stars. We just enjoy.

lmcclure

Thanks Byrd,
Linda and I are waiting on the house to sell. If it does then we will upgrade at that time. I guess that we will go with the Augusta. I really do like it and so does Linda. I like Roadjunkie's attitude about the stars and rickhansen's 325. When the house sells we will be up there with you. We will stay in Tennessee this year but Linda will retire next Oct. and we will winter in Aransas Pass. Thinking of buying some land north of here and putting a pad and full hookups on it. Might even put several so that friends can come. You and Nathan are always welcome. Take care and keep us in mind if you need help on the new Chapter.

2010augusta

323, well sort of 5 of them were spent in a tent in some Canadian Parks, does a tent count as camping??? we spent 2 nights in hotels.

it is snowing outside right now, heated/insulated hose is in place and water tank is FULL. we are ready for the next 2 sub-freezing days.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Being seasonal, we spent 83 days in our BH this past summer. And it was trouble-free.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
So far this year we have been out about 60 days. Not really sure exactley. By the end of the year though it will be a little over 80.
We are heading out tomorrow for Alabama for Thanksgiving.
Then up to MI with out the trailer. As soon as we get back from MI we head with the trailer for Florida and then back to MB for the New Year.

Really looking forward to all the trips.

Alan, as far as your question about tent camping counting...it should count double: anything with 30 amp service or less is roughing it ...:D

lmcclure

2010 Augusta do you have any pics of your hose. We will be fulltiming it next year and I want to get ready for cold weather. Any information will be appreciated.

2010augusta

2010 Augusta do you have any pics of your hose. We will be fulltiming it next year and I want to get ready for cold weather. Any information will be appreciated.

it is just a 1/2" white water hose, with a length of heat-tape, taped to it and then a layer of the dense foam pipe wrap, and then covered in duct-tape to help protect it from the elements and make it easer to handle. it was down to 28 this morning and I did not have to turn on the heat-tape yet. the insulation does a great job.

I wrapped the ice-maker line with the softer foam pipe wrap and it is still working too.

On edit: It got down to the teens last night, so I turned off the icemaker/water dispenser supply, removed the inline filter, and turned on the heat tape. water is still flowing good this morning.

Last edited: