black water tank full

PEIFAMILY

How far down the tank is the full sensor? It just flashed full last night and we wont have sewer dump access until wednesday when we hit the road again. I was hoping it would last until then to save moving the rv. Its a sundance 3300ck.

Should I pack the Rv up tomorrow and hit the nearest dump or would it maybe be ok to wait until wednesday?

Thanks Jason

jimtoo

The sensors are notorious for giving false or bad readings. I guess the sensor is located at the top of the tank. But when the pot burps when you step on the pedal it is close to time to dump. That is what most of us go by. It is a good indication that the tank is almost full.

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jason, in case your not familiar with the term "burp" when it come to RV toilets, you will see a clear bubble come up the pipe and pop when you flush. When you first start seeing a burp, you should be able to go one more day unless you have more than 2 adults using the facility.

jimtoo

AWWwww ,,Ray,,, SPOIL SPORT...... He would find out what a BURP is..especially if setting when flushing.. and clear bubble??? :D

Ray LeTourneau

Thanks guys!

Never saw or heard the burp yet.. Note to self: DONT SIT WHILE FLUSHING :D
Ah, my first chuckle of the day. Thanks!
Actually, one would have to be pretty flexible to be able to flush while seated. I know I can't do it.:rolleyes:

I'll move this thread away from the factory area as it has been addressed.

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Ah, my first chuckle of the day. Thanks!
Actually, one would have to be pretty flexible to be able to flush while seated. I know I can't do it.:rolleyes:

I'll move this thread away from the factory area as it has been addressed.

C'mon, Ray, you can't be that stiff that you can't hit the pedal while seated. As for the "burp," beware of sewer salmon if you wait to long (yep, just had to bring that "up" again :eek:).

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
C'mon, Ray, you can't be that stiff that you can't hit the pedal while seated. As for the "burp," beware of sewer salmon if you wait to long (yep, just had to bring that "up" again :eek:).

"SALMON!?" I thought they were Trout!

Ray LeTourneau

Hmm, I suppose if we want to get technical, Salmon are in the Trout family. Aren't they:confused:?

John, I'm not a little guy ya know.:rolleyes: It has nothing to do with being "stiff". My heel will physically not reach the pedal.:(

JohnDar

Salmon. Think how they jump up obstacles to get back to whence they came. Now, consider the "burp" of an overly full black tank. With what's in the tank, strange mutations can happen :eek: They remain sewer trout only if they escape via the dump valve.

Ray LeTourneau

Salmon. Think how they jump up obstacles to get back to whence they came. Now, consider the "burp" of an overly full black tank. With what's in the tank, strange mutations can happen :eek: They remain sewer trout only if they escape via the dump valve.
OK John, now you're scaring me...:eek:

JohnDar

Just because I have a vivid imagination and lurk in the depths of the Sea of Depravity does not make me scary. Now, if I started talking like a fishing show host about these trout and salmon, then that would be scary. Especially when we get to the part about cleaning and cooking the catch!