NASCAR Champ

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Congratulations to my favorite NASCAR driver Jimmy Johnson and his team on their 5th NASCAR championship. All you NASCAR fans know what an awesome feat this is. WAY TO GO JIMMY.;);)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I was pulling for Hamlin or even Harvick to pull it out. Ah well - there's always next year. Good news is that 2 Pettys cars were in the top 5.

Bobby A

Yea, what a teriffic accomplishment to Hendricks motor sports, all I can is, I was rutting for the 2 AMERICAN vehicles. Not trying to start a war hear so please be nice.

ChopperBill

My Jimmie Johnson NASCAR jacket only has 3 championships on it. Cant afford to buy a new jacket every year. Kinda wish Johnson would have let Harvick pull in front of him the last lap and put Hamlin back in third where he belonged. Someone has got to explain to me why the points leader was racing three wide on the inside in the middle of the track and only 24 laps into the race.

ChopperBill

Yea, what a teriffic accomplishment to Hendricks motor sports, all I can is, I was rutting for the 2 AMERICAN vehicles. Not trying to start a war hear so please be nice.

Wont get a war out of me. I use to be 100% Chevy but now as long as its red,white and blue I can live with it.

Bobby A

Wont get a war out of me. I use to be 100% Chevy but now as long as its red,white and blue I can live with it.

I hear ya all the way, I use to be Dodge all the way because thats where my pension check comes from. The wife worked for GM, since that foreign company came in, Ford has been my new best friend. I agree keep it red, white and blue.
Happy Thanksgiving !!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I'm sorry hart1369 if I offended you - not my intent. What I said was not a negative statement. Just wanted to see others have a chance to win a championship. I never been a big fan of the way the chase point system is now set up, especially the last regular races into the last 10 races. There are some football fans that don't like the BCS and are very voicey, saying far more negative things than my post. But I'm excited that the Homestead race ended with 2 Petty cars in the top 5 finishes.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
My big gripe with NASCAR is how they allow the 'bumping' of other cars. Would it be fair to push the person in front of you in a foot race? Then what makes it fair in a car race? IMHO those that hit or bump (including bump drafting) should be disqualified from that race. Then it would be the skill of the driver, the pit crew, and the ability of the car only.

Bobby A

Yeah Jimmie
Yeah Carl

Poor pouty toyo boy

I love it !! words well spoken !! This forum is GREAT and what makes it even more GREATER is by this thread it appears the majority agrees, keep it red, white and blue. We winter in Fl. and the only think I dislike about Fl. is all the foreign vehicles. I would like to create a bumper sticker that says " lost you job ? know someone that has ?? buy another foreign car !! JMHO

Netem

Bobby we had those stickers years ago and nobody woke up now the country is in the ditch. Two more people killed this month in a run away Toyota and people still buying them. Our country is brain washed.

ChopperBill

I always get the argument "Well Toyota builds 'em in the US" My reply. "I don't care if they build 'em in your mama's basement next to Grandma's Apple Pie Factory and the American Flag Store. They are still a Japanese car!"

Bobby A

Neil and retired4fun

I totally agree !! we have friends that bought 2 Kia's, he lost a good paying job and now works for just over minimum wage and she is on the verge of loosing her job. You don't know how bad I wanna tell them, buy another foreign car !! They just don't get it.
Well, you all know my feeling, I'm signing off of this topic now.
Peace,

caissiel

Well here I am in Mooresville NC and about to visit the NASCAR Hall of Fame tomorrow.
Been here since tuesday and so far everything here has been shut down due to Thanksgiving.

We are next to the Roush shops and Earnheart motorsport shops and will hopefully visit the Hendricks team shops soon.
Terry Labonte was always my Idole with GM and now I prefer Rawdy Bush and his brother now. One with Dodge and the other with Toyota.

I am very glad the Jimmy and Shad have proven once again that they are the best in the world as a team.

Thats even above the Montreal Canadians................... Ha ha

But still Love my Ford truck....................

Dave49

Since Jimmie Johnson has been on the Nascar scene all one has to do is look at the record. Like him, hate him, he's still darn great. Year 1 5th in points, year 2 3rd, every year since then 5 championships. Now that there is impressive.

But thats why Nascar is what it is, everyone has there favorite and they are the best in there eyes. Thats why i like Jeff Gordon lol

Dave

porthole

Retired
Nothing wrong with having a few favorites.
Jimmie, Jeff, Carl are 3 I like add Truex (local boy for us) and then anybody not driving a toyo.
Tony Stewart use to be on my dislike list, but in the end he is a "race car driver". Seems he is always behind the wheel of some type of racer. And now that he has seen the light ............................

Kyle - if he drove for either of the big three tomorrow I would still dislike him.

But of all things NASCAR, my real hope is some sheik from the sand boxes doesn't step into this "sport" like what has happened in drag racing.

Great to see the Nascar fans... and I say GO FORD RACING! We always drove Toyotas, Acuras, Lexus. But we love our Lincoln Navigator. Yes, we bought it cuz we wanted to drive a FORD!

Go, RFR! And BTW, Nashville was a great race last weekend!