C radlepoint CTR350 SLOWWWWWW

boatdoc

Anyone have an answer why this router has slowed down so much.Our system here at home is, my PC, a newer Dell and her Dell ancient Insiron 9300 Laptop and a Verizon USB727. If we use just her laptop with the USB727 in it it's blazing fast but plug it into the router so we both can be online together it slows WAY down. I thought using the ethernet cable from the router to my PC should have been faster than her wireless but neither are as fast as the modem plugged straight into the laptop.
Thanks

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Things to try is reboot (15 seconds power off) the router and modem. Download and install software updates for the router and the modem.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
boatdoc...recently had the same problem. Got back down here to Mission, TX and I could barely open a page...twenty minutes work took two hours.

I called Verizon, thinking it was mostly in my USB720 aircard. They had me connect the card directly to a laptop, then bring up the VZAcess manager program. After making sure the card was connected I hit on options and then on Activation...this apparently downloaded new updates to my card and also allowed it to "search" for the most appropriate cell tower in my area...MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! I plugged it back into my cradlepoint 350, and now I can even watch video...I love it!!

The tech said I should do this every time I move, or anytime it seems to slow down...it might help with your situation too...Good Luck!