2011 Oregon Rally Date Poll

Which dates would you prefer for an Oregon rally in 2011? The location is to be determined later.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
The location has not been determined, but please vote on your choice of dates. Remember that we have the Regional Rally July 1-4 in Sparks, NV. Also, I Mark and i won't be able to run the rally due to my upcoming back surgery. I'm trying to talk another couple into being Wagon Masters for this event. These proposed dates will fit their schedule. They will choose the location after the dates have been nailed down.

Please vote!

BTW the Good Sam Rally will be in Redmond Oregon July 14 - 17, 2011.

Last edited:
Donna and I will really try to make it this year. We are looking forward to meeting all. We are going to the national rally in June and then heading back to the west coast.

flamingknitter

Will you at least be able to go, Kristy? That sucks! I am going to find a back up baby wrangler so that I can go to this one. I don't want to miss out on all the fun.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Last year we had about 25 rigs. It was a great turnout for a second rally.

Marybeth, I am trying to put the surgery off until after regional in Sparks 7/1-7/4. No matter what dates you guys pick, I will help with the setup part. But after that I don't think I'll be moving much. The last surgery took ten weeks before I could stand to ride in a car. You are welcome to come take care of me though. I've got to be easier than those kids you chase all day!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
As of today, 13 people have voted in the poll and 8 have agreed on the weekend before Labor Day.

Unfortunately, the couple who thought they might be able to wagon master this rally are not able to do so.

In order for their to be an Oregon rally, there needs to be a wagon master since I can't be there this year. Is anyone in Oregon willing to take on the duties?

If that weekend wouldn't work for you, we could do another poll to see what would work in your schedule. The wagon master will pick the venue since it needs to be someplace they can easily travel to.

If you need to know what you would really have to do (its not as bad as it sounds), please email or PM me and we can talk. I'm not totally backing out of this. I will still do the majority of the pre-rally work which is really the most time consuming part.

If we don't get a wagon master, we can't have a rally. That would not be the end of the world. There will still be the Yreka camp out and the Regional rally in Sparks, plus the other CA and WA rallies. It would just be sad that we couldn't have an OR rally.

So, its not all bad news, its just something we need to get figured out.

Take Care everyone!
Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I've heard from two couples who may willing to take this on. I'm just waiting to hear final decisions so we can nail down a date and location.

Kristy

PS In the mean time, you can get your reservations to the Yreka State of Jefferson rally June 17-19 on the books.:cool::cool:

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Lynne & I are planning a trip along the Oregon Coast this year and hopefully, if our plans and your Rally plans co-incide, we would like to attend. Will keep monitoring this thread and see what shakes out.../Doug

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hopefully that works out. I have a commitment from two couples who plan to work together to put an Oregon rally/campout together. As soon as they nail down a date with a campground that has sites, we'll announce it.

Take Care,
Kristy

Gaffer

Merry Christmas to all. Hey Ziggy do you know if Deb is going to have a Rally this year or just the Yreka campout?

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Don't want to hijack the thread, but details will be coming next week for the Nor Cal rally. Exploring a Fall vs Spring date? Working full time is getting in the way of my camping...
Stay tuned :)

shovelguy

So, we are working with another Heartland couple on trying to put together a Oregon 2011 Rally, with Kristys' blessing. So far we have eliminated the possibility of going to Winchester Bay and Casey's RV park as they are not available. I have had contact with Seven Feathers in Canyonville. They are open for a group our size only on July 22-23. Otherwise they are full up for May, June and August. If anyone has any other suggestions as to places we might gather, please feel free to offer them up. I feel like we need to make a decision fairly soon. D&J

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
So, we are working with another Heartland couple on trying to put together a Oregon 2011 Rally, with Kristys' blessing. So far we have eliminated the possibility of going to Winchester Bay and Casey's RV park as they are not available. I have had contact with Seven Feathers in Canyonville. They are open for a group our size only on July 22-23. Otherwise they are full up for May, June and August. If anyone has any other suggestions as to places we might gather, please feel free to offer them up. I feel like we need to make a decision fairly soon. D&J

Not only my blessing, but my appreciation! Thanks for taking this on shovelguy and boatdoc.

Status
Not open for further replies.