Bedroom changes in late 2011 model-year Bighorns

FARMER45

just talked to Kary at Heartland the new bedroon slide will be 8 in longer, to make room more open:):) and they have added a drawer under the bed. these sound like good changes in BH 3610 RE

funntheson

Re: bed room change

Congratulations, sounds like you're getting some good changes! See, change can be exciting.

I also called Kary. First off, what a pleasant guy. I enjoyed talking with him.

Although we don't have any major changes on our unit, I was surprised to find out that it should be shipping out of the factory the week of 12/13.

We are anxiously awaiting our very large Christmas present.

jbeletti

Re: bed room change

Great news guys. Thank you for making the call. Sometimes, that's the difference between feeling stymied and receiving joy :)

I am not sure if the ability to call the company and speak to the actual manager of a brand is unique to Heartland, but I am sure glad that access and availability exists here.

Jim

ChopperBill

just talked to Kary at Heartland the new bedroon slide will be 8 in longer, to make room more open:):) and they have added a drawer under the bed. these sound like good changes in BH 3610 RE
Is that going to 8" longer or 8" wider? Longer would make more room between the bed and the dresser, really no room is needed there. Wider would leave more room between the bed and the bath. If between the bed and the bath, where are the 8" coming from. Making the bath smaller or making the trailer longer? Taking 8" from the kitchen and doing away with the pantry? No dog in the fight just inquiring minds want to know.

jbeletti

I believe that's an 8" deeper bedroom slide, allowing for more walk around space at the end of the bed and widening up any previous pinch points.

Jim

ChopperBill

I believe that's an 8" deeper bedroom slide, allowing for more walk around space at the end of the bed and widening up any previous pinch points.

Jim

Hi Jim. The bed slide when closed already is up against the dresser. If they made the bed slide deeper there would be no room for the bed to slide againt the dresser because there is only so much room for the bed. Well unless the got rid of the dresser. I may be missing something here but caint figure it out.

Thing181

This is just a guess, Sounds like they extended slide size. When closed the walls and top of slider come into camper a extra 8'', when open it can travel out 8'' farther

ChopperBill

Yeah, Got to thinking just the walls are 8 inch longer, so the bed moves out 8 inches further, but the bed stays the same when in as before. Had me stumped for awhile. That is why I ain't got a Bill Gates bank account!