LIVE 110 volt wire

tdharley

It was nice enough today for me to go out and install my new exterior am/fm cd player. As I was in the storage area I noticed a Romex wire not connected to anything. Upon further examination I found that it was LIVE. I traced it back and removed since it was not needed. I am so glad I found it this way instead of having my grandson step out of the shower to find that it grounded itself on any of the exposed aluminum framing in the storage area.

At the same time I repaired the outside recepticle that when installed one of the screws missed the wood. The shame of that is that the worker that installed it must of known that he missed because it turned freely.

See all the pictures below

Attachments

• Picture 073.jpg
    Picture 073.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 107
  • Picture 076.jpg
    Picture 076.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Picture 078.jpg
    Picture 078.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 122

tdharley

Ebay

I got it on ebay..... If I remember correctly it was around 200.00

It was not hard to install. All the proper cables are right in the storage area. You need 12v,110v,cable & antenna (I connected the antenna to the cable). It also comes with an exterior speaker hookups, built in speakers, a 12volt power outlet & remote.

COOL unit. Sounds great

ChopperBill

A mixture of your bare electrical wire and my black tank flush hose not being hooked up to the docking bay connection would have made a VERY interesting combo!
Nice install!

DennisZ

Tdharley
That is one cool unit. What brand is it, and what kind of search did you do on E-Bay to find it??

Thanks
Dennis

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I found that same wire in my 3400 when I was exploring behind that wall. I put a meter to the wire and mine was not live. I didn't trace it either I just left it be but taped it to the crapper pipe so it wouldn't be flopping around. There must be some significance to it because of the black flex tubing and the red tape at the end. Since you have the picture, would you mind posting a question to the factory and ask them what it's for?
While I was in there I added a 110 volt receptacle to the storage compartment wall to plug in my cordless drill charger. There was a precut opening next to the vent. It must have been there for the vacuum I didn't want.

DennisZ

I had the same wire in my 3055RL, I traced the wire to where the electric fireplace was going, since I didn't have that option, it was dead ended at both ends.

timk

I had the same wire as well. It ran to the area under the tv on the entertainment slide. It was just what I needed to get the solar hooked up to the big tv on its own circuit. I dont think mine was live either.
TimK